change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nadia.roncoli's Profile Photo

Shops in Cardiff

Cardiff Jun 26, 2014 at 3:52 AM

Hi there, I just want to know if there are the following shops in Cardiff: Abercrombie, Hollyster , Gilly Hiks, Hard Rock Cafe?
      Thanks!
      Nadia

1 Answer Jun 26, 2014 at 4:45 AM
    • visiting the brecon national park

Brecon Beacons Jun 21, 2014 at 5:59 PM

Hi everyone. I am planning to drive to the park but my friend is not really fit to walk. Can I drive in park to see something spectacular or do I have to leave car in car park.

3 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 6:17 PM
    • Buses from Holyhead Port to other parts of England

Holyhead Jun 16, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Does anyone know if there any buses that leave from Holyhead Port to Manchester or Liverpool?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 2:57 PM
    • B & B advice

Cardiff Jun 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM

We're starting walking the Cambrian way and looking for a reasonable B & B in the Taff's Wells/Tongwynlais area for the night of 14th July. Having difficulty finding anywhere, all the places I have tried are full. Any suggestions?

1 Answer Jun 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM
    • getting around

Wales May 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM

is it possible to travel from London to visit St David's and then on to Caernarfon Castle and finally to Holyhead to cross to Ireland in 2 full days?

4 Answers May 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    • Karl_Prager's Profile Photo

Camping and nature in Wales

Wales May 20, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Hello,

I will be next week in UK - I want to travel to Wales by car and stay in camps over night. What would you recommend to see there - I have on my list Cardiff, Swansea, Snowdenia. Anything else what is important and nice - nature, coast etc.
      Which camp would you recommend close to the coast?

Cheers,
      Karl

6 Answers May 21, 2014 at 1:07 PM
    • Harlech station

Harlech May 12, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I have difficuty walking up hill, is there a bus from the station to the town?

2 Answers May 12, 2014 at 11:28 AM
    • Snowdon challenge May 2014

Snowdonia May 4, 2014 at 4:29 AM

Hi there folks. Would first of all like to say I AM taking this very seriously, I will be fully prepared and fully kitted up. I have 4 weeks planning and getting mu kit together with 2 weeks left. I am going to attempt doing all 6 official ascents to the Summit of Snowdon. Starting May 19th to the 23rd 2014. I am physically ready but still training in preparation. The logistics of my kit took 2 weeks of planning and although some people think my kit may be over the top, I do not care as I will be prepared for almost any scenario. I have to do 2 routes on the same day and was planning to do the Snowdon ranger and the Rhyd Ddu path starting at 8am, straight up and down, of course depending on weather. Not doing this to prove a point, just set myself a personal challenge. My facebook page is Snowdonia challenge May 2014 absolute any advice is welcome or if you fancy joining me on any of the routes, please do shout up, thanks Steve

7 Answers May 4, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

3-4 days in Wales

Wales Apr 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM

As usual I have less time than I'd like to explore an area but I can always go back, right? We're traveling in mid August which I'm guessing is peak season and this is my rough idea right now

Monday we have tickets to Highclere in the morning and will head to Wales I'm guessing midday, some possibilities for the afternoon, depending on timing getting out of Highclere, are Tintern Abbey (open til 6) or Caerphilly (open til 6). If we were to reach either of these by 4pm, could they be reasonably visited in a couple of hours? Tintern appears to be a slightly shorter drive. Monday night I've prebooked a hotel in Cardiff that can't be changed

Tuesday options include Caerphilly if we don't stop on Monday, visiting sights in Cardiff, Kidwelly Castle, Carreg Cennan, a drive on the Gower Peninsula. Mr. Dabs ears perked up when I mentioned the Big Pit Coal Museum north of Cardiff. Overnight? Not sure yet but maybe in the general area of either Kidwelly or Carreg Cennan

Wednesday drive north, is the west coast route more scenic than the interior route? I have a cancellable reservation at Ruthin Castle but it's looking like it's not going to work. Portmeirion looks like an interesting stop, Caernarfon looks interesting, Harlech looks interesting. That route will go through part of Snowdonia National Park. If I change my overnight, maybe closer to Conwy?

Thursday Conwy Castle in the morning, maybe Bodnant Gardens and then make our way to Liverpool. There's nothing particular I'd like to see in Liverpool, more of a I'd like to say I stopped there so we may just overnight near there and move on Friday morning. Since we have a car, we'll probably look for something just outside Liverpool

Friday morning Blackpool, Mr. Dabs wants to see it and since he's driving me around England and Wales, I'd like to oblige. Friday afternoon, drive to Manchester, drop the car and head to London by train, just going to sleep there so a late train is fine

I know I'm going to have to cut some of these things, I'm also concerned that at some point I'll have castle overload. I was looking at an explorer pass that had almost everything on my list on it so perhaps we can stop at a couple of the castles, take a couple of photos but not spend 2-3 hours at each one.

Have I missed anything really special? Of my Tuesday options, are there any you recommend more highly than the others? Kidwelly got on my list because of Monty Python originally but I'll be seeing Doune up near Edinburgh earlier in the trip so it's not a must. The rest of the trip is 4 1/2 days in Edinburgh, Lyme Park, Chatsworth House, Highclere (aka Downton Abbey, I have tickets) and one full day in London which I've visited many times.

A good route from the Kidwelly/Carreg Carren area to Portmeirion? Is there a nice coastal drive? A drive that passes through some interesting towns? It looks to be out 3 hours driving by the fastest route but maybe by that point we'd rather see some scenery as opposed to more sights.

14 Answers Apr 28, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • TAXIS FROM BANGOR RAILWAY STATION

Bangor Apr 23, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Is it easy to pick up a taxi on arrival at the railway station or do you need to prebook?

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

North Wales - Driving route - Tips

Snowdonia Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I am planning to take the driving route starting from Halkyn where I am staying on Day 1 and follow Llandudno, Conwy, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Bala Lake and Aberystwyth. I wanted to include Holyhead, but seem to be a long travel. Can anyone suggest what I can add or remove in my route? I will be travelling with 2 kids (aged 9 and 5) and will be interested in any short stop-over on the route. Aberystwyth will be stay place on Day 2.

5 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 6:30 AM
    • fancy dress

Swansea Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 12:14 PM
    • Smita106's Profile Photo

Tenby how many days sufficient.

Tenby Mar 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

How many days are sufficient to see Tenby? 3 days?

5 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • Catching train after taking ferry from Dublin to Holyhead

Holyhead Mar 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM

We will be traveling in June from Dublin to Holyhead and then on via train towards Birmingham. We are wondering if making a reservation for the train is advisable. Problems I see with this are delays in the ferry and the length of disembarkation at Holyhead (we are US citizens). We'd prefer to make train reservations but aren't sure how much time we'd need to catch the train. Any experience info or advice would be great!

17 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • mlbcaroll's Profile Photo

snowdonia hotels?

Wales Mar 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Anyone have suggestions on a place to stay in the snowdonia area?

3 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM

where to visit while in Bath

Wales Mar 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM

While my family and I are visiting the UK, we will have an opportunity to spend a couple days in Bath. While there we were looking at close places to visit that would be worth our while. Is Cotswold a good place to do that we could spend the day then go back to Bath? Anyone have other ideas? Yes we will be getting a rental car.

6 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Tintern Abby

Wales Mar 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

My family and I are going to make a trip to the UK in May. We are wanting to see Tintern Abby. Is this something that can be explored in an afternoon or should we plan more time?

7 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • fishing rips

Porthcawl Feb 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM

are there sea fishing trips from porthcawl harbour

1 Answer Feb 21, 2014 at 2:46 AM
    • wheelchair friendly restaurants in Barmouth

Barmouth Feb 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM

wheelchair friendly restaurants in barmouth

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • toddler activities

Mid Glamorgan Feb 19, 2014 at 2:07 PM

What can I do with my 3 year old in mid Glamorgan?

8 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • Weekend to Bangor

Bangor Feb 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Is the Varsity bar for students only? Or can non students and tourists visit also?

3 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Best method to go from Mancester to Treuddyn & then on to Holyhead for the ferry to Dublin

Treuddyn Jan 27, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I am looking for all comments and suggestions on traveling from Mancester to Treuddyn this summer. We would stay overnight in the Treuddyn area, then on to Holyhead for the ferry to Dublin. I normally prefer public transportation and the train though am not at all familuar with trains in Wales. Though, I understand there is bus service to Treuddyn. All comments are greatly appreciated. I was there once by car, a UK friend drove, and know it is a small village where my ancestors, Pulford, were born and I want to visit again. A car rental in not out of the question if it makes sense.
      Thanks, Chuck

3 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • Good time to climb Snowdon?

Snowdonia Jan 16, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I appreciate the fact that the weather can change drastically in this part of Wales but as a general observation, would April be a good time for the climb?

I apologize for asking a question that may have been repeatedely asked.

4 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Llandeilo, South Wales north of Swansea by rail or the M4 & A483

Swansea Jan 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Accommodations recommendations, good pubs, restaurants and all comments appreciated. Has anyone been to Llandeilo and is there a taxi service? What is there to see and do in this small village? We are going there, by train from London Paddington via Swansea, likely in August. Can anyone recommend a hotel and a genealogy researcher as my ancestors came from Llandeilo on the river Towy? Their surnames are Pulker and Peacock.

Sorry, I would have posted this under Llandeilo not Swansea but, VT doesn't know this location though it is shown on the VT map.

All comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

7 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

? Wesleyan Methodist Church

Abergavenny Jan 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Was/is there are church by this name in Abegavenny? We are planning a trip to Wales later this year and have information that great great grandfather was baptized there. He was born 1852 at Rose Cottage (Llantillio-Crossenny). Thank You Susan Williams, USA

6 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    • LagoMan's Profile Photo

Is the little pub still there?

Llangollen Dec 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Many years ago (in the 1970's) there was a fine...VERY SMALL...stand-alone pub in Llangollen. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name. As I recall, it was painted white....maybe some half-timber. I do recall that darts was a feature at this pub. Does anyone know if it's still in existence. Could it have been turned into a pizzeria? Thanks for any help.

18 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • AliceW9's Profile Photo

Luggage storage while sightseeing?

Caernarfon Nov 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

We will be arriving by bus on Sunday Dec. 1 to spend the day in Caernafon on our way to Shrewsbury. Is there any where we may store our luggage while we sightsee?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    • Lesley-AnnG's Profile Photo

Pub name reminder

Cardiff Oct 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Hiya

what was the name of the bar that, was situated on Mill Lane,

where Peppermint Bar now sits?

2 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • Eating lunch in Portmeirion

Portmeirion Oct 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Apart from the castle, hotel, town hall and caffe glas where would you recommend eating for a casual snacky lunch in Portmeirion? Aslo the best cafe/tearoom for an afternoon snack. Thanks

5 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    • KissA18's Profile Photo

Very-very long...

Llangollen Oct 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

There is a title above the shop on the wall of the house. It's a very-very long word.
      I would like to know, what is its sense.

3 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM