Wales

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TAXIS FROM BANGOR RAILWAY STATION

Bangor Yesterday

Is it easy to pick up a taxi on arrival at the railway station or do you need to prebook?

more
    • fancy dress

Swansea Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

North Wales - Driving route - Tips

Snowdonia Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I am planning to take the driving route starting from Halkyn where I am staying on Day 1 and follow Llandudno, Conwy, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Bala Lake and Aberystwyth. I wanted to include Holyhead, but seem to be a long travel. Can anyone suggest what I can add or remove in my route? I will be travelling with 2 kids (aged 9 and 5) and will be interested in any short stop-over on the route. Aberystwyth will be stay place on Day 2.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

North Wales - Driving route - Tips

Snowdonia Apr 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I am planning to take the driving route starting from Halkyn where I am staying on Day 1 and follow Llandudno, Conwy, Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Bala Lake and Aberystwyth. I wanted to include Holyhead, but seem to be a long travel. Can anyone suggest what I can add or remove in my route? I will be travelling with 2 kids (aged 9 and 5) and will be interested in any short stop-over on the route. Aberystwyth will be stay place on Day 2.

5 Answers Apr 22, 2014 at 6:30 AM
    • fancy dress

Swansea Mar 27, 2014 at 8:05 AM

for my daughters 21st she wants a nite out in Swansea with her mates wearing pyjamas/nitewear of some sort so would it being a problem going into pubs & clubs dressed like that?

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 12:14 PM
    • Smita106's Profile Photo

Tenby how many days sufficient.

Tenby Mar 12, 2014 at 11:38 PM

How many days are sufficient to see Tenby? 3 days?

5 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM
    • Catching train after taking ferry from Dublin to Holyhead

Holyhead Mar 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM

We will be traveling in June from Dublin to Holyhead and then on via train towards Birmingham. We are wondering if making a reservation for the train is advisable. Problems I see with this are delays in the ferry and the length of disembarkation at Holyhead (we are US citizens). We'd prefer to make train reservations but aren't sure how much time we'd need to catch the train. Any experience info or advice would be great!

17 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    • mlbcaroll's Profile Photo

snowdonia hotels?

Wales Mar 8, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Anyone have suggestions on a place to stay in the snowdonia area?

3 Answers Mar 8, 2014 at 9:28 AM

where to visit while in Bath

Wales Mar 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM

While my family and I are visiting the UK, we will have an opportunity to spend a couple days in Bath. While there we were looking at close places to visit that would be worth our while. Is Cotswold a good place to do that we could spend the day then go back to Bath? Anyone have other ideas? Yes we will be getting a rental car.

6 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Tintern Abby

Wales Mar 6, 2014 at 5:27 PM

My family and I are going to make a trip to the UK in May. We are wanting to see Tintern Abby. Is this something that can be explored in an afternoon or should we plan more time?

7 Answers Mar 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM
    • fishing rips

Porthcawl Feb 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM

are there sea fishing trips from porthcawl harbour

1 Answer Feb 21, 2014 at 2:46 AM
    • wheelchair friendly restaurants in Barmouth

Barmouth Feb 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM

wheelchair friendly restaurants in barmouth

1 Answer Feb 26, 2014 at 10:20 AM
    • toddler activities

Mid Glamorgan Feb 19, 2014 at 2:07 PM

What can I do with my 3 year old in mid Glamorgan?

8 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    • Weekend to Bangor

Bangor Feb 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM

Is the Varsity bar for students only? Or can non students and tourists visit also?

3 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Best method to go from Mancester to Treuddyn & then on to Holyhead for the ferry to Dublin

Treuddyn Jan 27, 2014 at 12:47 PM

I am looking for all comments and suggestions on traveling from Mancester to Treuddyn this summer. We would stay overnight in the Treuddyn area, then on to Holyhead for the ferry to Dublin. I normally prefer public transportation and the train though am not at all familuar with trains in Wales. Though, I understand there is bus service to Treuddyn. All comments are greatly appreciated. I was there once by car, a UK friend drove, and know it is a small village where my ancestors, Pulford, were born and I want to visit again. A car rental in not out of the question if it makes sense.
      Thanks, Chuck

3 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 4:10 AM
    • Good time to climb Snowdon?

Snowdonia Jan 16, 2014 at 12:49 PM

I appreciate the fact that the weather can change drastically in this part of Wales but as a general observation, would April be a good time for the climb?

I apologize for asking a question that may have been repeatedely asked.

4 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Llandeilo, South Wales north of Swansea by rail or the M4 & A483

Swansea Jan 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Accommodations recommendations, good pubs, restaurants and all comments appreciated. Has anyone been to Llandeilo and is there a taxi service? What is there to see and do in this small village? We are going there, by train from London Paddington via Swansea, likely in August. Can anyone recommend a hotel and a genealogy researcher as my ancestors came from Llandeilo on the river Towy? Their surnames are Pulker and Peacock.

Sorry, I would have posted this under Llandeilo not Swansea but, VT doesn't know this location though it is shown on the VT map.

All comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chuck

7 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 11:04 AM
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

? Wesleyan Methodist Church

Abergavenny Jan 5, 2014 at 12:54 PM

Was/is there are church by this name in Abegavenny? We are planning a trip to Wales later this year and have information that great great grandfather was baptized there. He was born 1852 at Rose Cottage (Llantillio-Crossenny). Thank You Susan Williams, USA

6 Answers Jan 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    • LagoMan's Profile Photo

Is the little pub still there?

Llangollen Dec 5, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Many years ago (in the 1970's) there was a fine...VERY SMALL...stand-alone pub in Llangollen. Unfortunately, I don't recall the name. As I recall, it was painted white....maybe some half-timber. I do recall that darts was a feature at this pub. Does anyone know if it's still in existence. Could it have been turned into a pizzeria? Thanks for any help.

18 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM
    • AliceW9's Profile Photo

Luggage storage while sightseeing?

Caernarfon Nov 20, 2013 at 4:34 PM

We will be arriving by bus on Sunday Dec. 1 to spend the day in Caernafon on our way to Shrewsbury. Is there any where we may store our luggage while we sightsee?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    • Lesley-AnnG's Profile Photo

Pub name reminder

Cardiff Oct 30, 2013 at 4:43 AM

Hiya

what was the name of the bar that, was situated on Mill Lane,

where Peppermint Bar now sits?

2 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    • Eating lunch in Portmeirion

Portmeirion Oct 25, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Apart from the castle, hotel, town hall and caffe glas where would you recommend eating for a casual snacky lunch in Portmeirion? Aslo the best cafe/tearoom for an afternoon snack. Thanks

5 Answers Oct 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM
    • KissA18's Profile Photo

Very-very long...

Llangollen Oct 12, 2013 at 1:27 PM

There is a title above the shop on the wall of the house. It's a very-very long word.
      I would like to know, what is its sense.

3 Answers Nov 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • NeilW22's Profile Photo

equipment for walking snowdon

Snowdonia Oct 7, 2013 at 2:21 AM

my wife and i would like to walk snowdon early next year.as beginners what sort of equipmenr would you advise

5 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • Information about G. O.Humphryes of Chirk

Chirk Oct 6, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hi, Mr. Henry Cook was Headmaster of Froncysyllte School from 1876 to 1911 and to celebrate his long service he was presented with an Illuminated Address. The Chirk connection is that the splendid inscription on the Address was by a Mr. G. O. Humphreys who lived in the the town. We would like to know more about him and would be grateful if you could help or suggest where we could find the information.

1 Answer Oct 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    • Flat to Rent

Swansea Sep 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Hi - I am moving to Swansea by Jan 2014 and will stay for long time because i received a job offer there. Do you have or can recommend a proper flat to rent?

4 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM
    • St. Davids and West/South Wales

Wales Sep 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Hello,
      4 of us are traveling to Wales in early November - are staying in a timeshare in St. Davids. I have been looking for day trips from St Davids but have been unable to narrow down the possibilities. We are 2 couples - Senior Citizens - and so will not be doing strenuous outside activities. We are very interested in visiting as many of the castles as we can and also a coal mine and other interesting sites within a day's drive. I would greatly appreciate suggestions about the best sites to target. We will be in the area for 6 days. Also, any suggestions abut the weather and temperatures that time of the year? Thank you!!!
      NWWT

12 Answers Sep 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM
    • The best public transport from Cardiff Bay to Cardiff city

Cardiff Sep 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

The best public transport from Cardiff Bay to Cardiff City

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 5:00 AM
    • itinerary suggestions?

Wales Aug 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM

we will be spending 3-4 days in Wales, arriving at Holyhead after a tour of Ireland. Prefer to use local transportation (trains, buses) and not have to rent a car. Looking for itinerary suggestions --- what can we realistically see in 3-4 days? is it accessible by bus/train?
      is it possible to book a hotel or B&B in a central area, and do day-trips from there? (using bus and/or train connections) -- eg. if we want to stay in the north of Wales, where would you suggest that we stay, in order to do day-trips for sightseeing?

11 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 1:58 AM
    • Where to stay

Hawarden Aug 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I'm looking for a bed and breakfast pub for Sunday 25/08. Can you please suggest a decent place to stay?

1 Answer Aug 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • what should we do

Caernarfon Aug 14, 2013 at 3:28 AM

hi visiting caernafon, for 1 week start 17th august , wife ,myself, 17/14 year old and 1 beagle dog , WHAT SOULD WE BE DOING /AND WHAT SHOULD WE NOT MISS, need to keep everyone happy, and of course best place to eat and drink, thanks.

3 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 7:07 AM
    • things to do in harlech/barmouth

Barmouth Aug 13, 2013 at 3:35 AM

hi i am going to harlech/barmouth for a weeks holiday this month and was wondering if there are any indoor activity venues for my 3 year old and 9 year old incase of a rainy day & also is there any fun places to take them please

1 Answer Aug 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    • Diving in the Lake

Bala Aug 5, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Are you allowed to dive in Lake Bala?

2 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 12:11 PM