Wales Travel Answers

change location

Arugam Bay in March

by Millski Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Hello everyone. My partner and I are considering making a spontaneous trip to Arugam Bay around the 15th March for 4 weeks. We both surf so will plan to spend a lot of time in the water or on the beach. Does anyone know, from experience, what the weather is like at Arugam Bay during March? I've read a lot of conflicting info saying that the 'season' starts in March or April but nowhere really talks much about what the weather is doing.
Also, is it the kind of beach where you can sunbathe and not get hassled?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • northeast80's Profile Photo

Re: Arugam Bay in March

by northeast80 Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I can only address your sunbathing question. You are extremely unlikely to be able to sunbath in the UK in March, you may get hassled by people commenting that's it's a bit cold (ie absolutely freezing, I'm in Bristol and we've had frost and fog most mornings so far for March) for that but you won't get hassled otherwise. I've never been hassled on a beach so am concerned that you think you may in Wales.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • by Millski Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Hi, thanks for your response, I just thought I'd better reply and explain that I wouldn't for one minute think of sunbathing in the UK in March, not without getting hypothermia! My error, I muat have had a lapse of concentration and put Wales in instead of Sri Lanka when I posted my question!...I live in Wales and plan to travel to Arugam Bay in Sri Lanka.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Mar 4, 2013 at 2:13 PM

haha---i figured that there was something wrong with that posting!!

• northeast80's Profile Photo

by northeast80 Online Now Mar 5, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Millski wrote:

Hi, thanks for your response, I just thought I'd better reply and explain that I wouldn't for one minute think of sunbathing in the UK in March, not without getting hypothermia! My error, I muat have had a lapse of concentration and put Wales in instead of Sri Lanka when I posted my question!...I live in Wales and plan to travel to Arugam Bay in Sri Lanka.

Tee hee :-) Everyone makes mistakes and I just assumed Arugam Bay was a bay in Wales! Good luck and happy travels.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Wales Travel Answer Locations