change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• leigh767's Profile Photo

Moving to Auckland! Help needed

Auckland Jun 5, 2015 at 10:14 PM

Hello all! I'm moving to Auckland in a few months! Very excited to be back in a beautiful city in a beautiful country. Have done some research for the move but I still have some questions related to administrative matters and would love input from VTers. For context, this won't be my first time living in a place that isn't my home country. In fact, quite the opposite. Been a nomad for a long time so just need to know the specifics for NZ for consideration. Thank you for any help you can offer!

1. Which bank is better to set up a savings account? The most important thing would be customer service and that online banking is available.
      2. Which credit cards are best to get/ should I consider getting? There are so many options; I tend to prefer those that help you accumulate miles or those that offer points which can then be converted into miles (no surprises there!)
      3. I hear that insulation isn't great in buildings. Other than wearing jackets indoors, any tricks to save on electricity/heating bills?

Thanks again!

more