Travel Answers
Waipahu

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• the mysterious ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains of oahu

Oahu 1 hours ago

ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains on oahu ,s east side, what are they who put them there?

more
    • the mysterious ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains of oahu,s east side of island

Oahu 58 minutes ago

the mysterious ancient ropes hanging off almost vertical mountains of oahu ,s east side of island what are they who put them there ?

more
    • Looking for historic buildings in Haleiwa

Haleiwa Jul 23, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Our art group is looking for historic buildings in Haleiwa to draw and paint. We are located in Kaneohe and will be travelling up to Haleiwa next month. Also, what would be a good place to get brunch between Kaneohe and Haleiwa?

more
    • Which location to stay for single night

Honolulu 15 hours ago

My husband and I are stopping off in Honolulu for one night at the end of our honeymoon. We arrive on a Wednesday afternoon at around 4:45 PM. The next morning we have a reservation for an 8:30 AM tour at the Pearl Harbor memorial. Our flight leaves Thursday at 2:15. We were thinking that we would rent a car. I'm debating whether we should stay near the airport so that we can quickly check in on Wednesday evening and then head to Waikiki for the sunset and dinner and walking around etc., and then back to the hotel. The airport location would mean we wouldn't have to get up as early for our 8:30 Pearl Harbor visit since it is closer and also less distance means less traffic. (I've read about the bad Honolulu traffic.) Does that seem like a good bet? Or should we stay in Waikiki, which I imagine would make the evening more enjoyable (and seems to present more, and better, hotel options than near the airport) and just deal with an early morning? From reading other threads, it seems like the downtown Honolulu area is a compromise distance-wise but then you don't get the benefit of being in Waikiki and you still do have to deal with some morning traffic. What do the experts say? My hotel budget is, say, $225-250 max, but as always I'd love to pay less if it's still a reasonable place. I see mixed (and many negative) reviews of the airport hotel options that I'm wondering if Waikiki isn't a better bet?

more
    • Transportation to airport from cruise ship

Honolulu Aug 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Transportation from ship to airport & also anywhere to store luggage so we can shop before flight leaves in about 6 hours? Also best place to shop near airport?

Thank you,
      Bob

more
    • Traveling Alone in Waikiki

Honolulu Jul 23, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Do you recommend staying along the beach front in waikiki or another area for a single woman traveling alone who would like to interact with other travelers?
      Thank you

more
    • vintage restaurants that are still alive and well....

Honolulu Aug 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM

There was a little hidden gem of a restaurant that sat with koi ponds all around....I love the old quaint restaurants of the 70's and 80's - do you guys know of any that still exist ???? There used to be one famous for "mile high coconut cream pie" and somewhere on another island way up high in elevation was a turtle plantation restaurant.....I'm looking for some of that.....thank you so much!

more