Waikiki

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Things to do in Waikiki

by iBanshee Online Now Mar 8, 2014 at 5:22 AM

Going to Waikiki for 9 days in late April, don't want to waste anytime whilst there, wondering if anybody knows of any hidden gems or awesome things to do there. If people have any recommendations or ideas about being shown around that would be great, Ive got a few thing in mind, i am super out going so any idea would be awesome.

4 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM
    • Hang out in Waikik?

by burkmere Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Hi...I'm a single guy who will be staying in Waikiki for 7 nights beginning this Friday, Feb 21...departing Feb 28...if anyone wants to get together to hang out some, have lunch etc....lemme know!

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM
    • best single hangout

by Matt24travel Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 10:48 PM

I am going to Honolulu for th first time in March. I am staying near Waikiki and was wondering where the best place to go out at night would be? I'm a single guy in my mid 20's and was hoping to be around the same age group and atmosphere. Also, is there anything I HAVE to do while I'm there? Any thing that can't be passed up?

Thanks!
      Matt

2 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:13 AM
    • Helen-Tracey's Profile Photo

Accommodation Waikiki area

by Helen-Tracey Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

G'day Forumites,
      we planning a trip to Hawaii & looking at Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk condo in January 2014.
      Has anyone stayed at this property as before I make final decision would be interested in what people say.
      We are wanting a place that has a kitchen in it so we can cook to save money to spend on other things !!!!!!!
      Approx $200 a night is our budget.
      Thank you all
      Helen & Tracey

2 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 7:04 AM
    • luggage to hawaii

by ncd1 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 11:15 PM

first time traveling with kids. and confused on rules for luggage. can my kids(ages 9,8,6) carry a mini backpack with toys and their carry-on? anyone know?

7 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM
    • vacation money

by ncd1 Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 11:07 PM

we are traveling to oahu for 7 days with 3 kids. hotel and air is paid. how much should we take for those days? please give me clue

5 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • Hyatt Regency Waikiki

by Dean285 Online Now Aug 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Hi

I have seen mixed reviews of this hotel with a lot of comments suggesting that the rooms are in major need of renovation. I currently have a reservation which is still within the cancellation window. Generally, I prefer Hyatt's because the status I have with the chain gives me some perks - although it doesn't look like I will be able to get a ocean view upgrade. I would still get access to the Regency Club. If you were choosing between the Hyatt Regency or Marriott Resort and Spa - what would be a better choice? It looks like I can get a room between 30-60 dollars less at the Marriott - depending on whether the resort fee will be charged or not. The booking site suggests it will be waived but not certain given some other wording.

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 4:59 AM
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

best luau?

by irvbur Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 3:27 PM

luau

3 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    • What to do in Wakiki besides the beach?

by Malena80 Online Now Jul 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM

My 7 year old daughter and I are leaving for Wakiki next month. Any ideas for some cultural and adventurous things to do? We would love to see HI nature scene!

7 Answers Jul 23, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    • Looking for a name of Waikiki apartments. Please, help!

by Lucky51011 Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Hi! When we were in Waikiki last, we stayed in Outrigger Hotel. And right next to it there was an apt building for rent. We went in, looked at apartments, liked them, talked to the site manager, took his card.....and lost it. And I can't remember the name if that complex. Again, it's right next to Outrigger. Need help from someone local. We are looking to rent an apartment in that complex for a month next January-February.
      Thank you in advance!

3 Answers Jul 1, 2013 at 10:05 PM
    • Travel tips

by alyssaalexandra Online Now May 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

What are some travel tips for this beach?

5 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Labor Day Weekend

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Aug 27, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Aside from the Okinawan Festival & the Rough Water Swim, are there any other events going on in Waikiki over Labor Day weekend?

Also, are there any good places to hear live music in Waikiki (preferably contemporary Hawaiian-style like CRSB, Maoli, etc.)?

1 Answer Aug 27, 2012 at 8:37 PM
    • angelsmom13's Profile Photo

cost of food.

by angelsmom13 Online Now May 9, 2011 at 10:15 AM

What is the average cost of food on the island?the place I am staying at dose dinner and light breakfast only.I will be out and about all day every day,what will I be looking at spending for lunch and snacks each day?Also I may want to bring food back to my room,I'll have a kitchen to use.

3 Answers May 1, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    • Transportation

by hannameg Online Now Apr 15, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Is it necessary to rent a car while staying in Waikiki to get to other destinations, or are there other reliable transportation options?

6 Answers Jan 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM
    • Bringing dog

by johntirrell Online Now Apr 8, 2011 at 7:53 AM

I'd like ti bring my standard poodle with me to Oahu. How would I do that from Boston? Thanks john

8 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    • Bike

by johntirrell Online Now Apr 8, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Hi is there a place where i can buy a used bicycle in Oahu? If not how hard is it to bring a bike to Oahu? thanks john

1 Answer Jan 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM
    • Playmate

by stryder48 Online Now Feb 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Single dad staying in Waikiki Feb 16-22 with 11 year old daughter looking for an occasional playmate for her. We are at the Park Shore near zoo. We've visited Oahu many times so know the area. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jan 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    • Walking to Waikiki

by ktlizzie Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM

We like to walk wherever we can - is it possible to walk from the cruise ship terminal in Honolulu to Waikiki? Any advice would be much appreciated.

7 Answers Dec 17, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    • Waikiki Accommodation

by jfos3059 Online Now Oct 30, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Prince Kuhio? Our travel agent has suggested it as a hotel for for us for 5 nights. Im not convinced after reading different forums and reviews. This will be our first time to Hawaii, and will be a stopover on way home to Aus after 3 weeks in New York etc.We are in our late 40's and do like nice hotels. any help would be appreciated.

8 Answers Dec 17, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    • Bus tyo Aloha stadium

by jwood21 Online Now Aug 22, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Hi I will be staying in Waikiki at the Island colony hotel and was wondering what the best route is on September 2nd going from that part of Waikiki to Aloha stadium fr a football game. Any suggestions would help thank you

2 Answers Aug 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM
    • Royal Palm Hotel vs Renting a Condo

by royland1823 Online Now May 5, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Does anyone have any information on reasonably price condos to rent in Waikiki...we (2 of us) plan to go surfing and wish to be reasonably close to the beach.

We are currently looking at this hotel:
      royalhawaii.com/orsystem/use...

But, its a bit of our price range @2500 / 10 days.

Does anyone know of any condos / apartments that we could that are more reasonably priced?

Thanks
      J

2 Answers May 20, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    • jdance09's Profile Photo

Beach Weddings

by jdance09 Online Now Dec 21, 2009 at 4:50 AM

Any recommendations on a simple beach wedding package for two? Coming over in Feb 2010 and hoping to get married on the beach at sunset. Hard to choose between all of the internet choices???

1 Answer Dec 21, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    • Limo's between the airport and waikiki

by maz001 Online Now Nov 18, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I just read here that you can get a limo between the airport and waikiki for around30. Can anyone recommend some limo companies that offer this?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Nov 18, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    • Shamous1's Profile Photo

Waikiki Info needed

by Shamous1 Online Now Sep 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM

Hi All,

We are travelling to Hawaii and staying in Waikiki next Monday 14th of September. There is 3 families (all related) consisting of 6 adults and 5 teenagers and 1 baby.

What can people suggest about shopping. Where are the bargains. Where are the value for money food eateries.

And for the guys where are the best places to grab a coldy.

What places should we steer clear of?

Basically after any advice you can offer. We will be doing the Pearl Harbour tour as I don't believe you can come to Hawaii without paying your respects.

Cheers,

Shane
      Melbourne Australia

4 Answers Sep 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    • Having a barbecue in Waikiki, . Public parks

by Foghorn747 Online Now Aug 31, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Hi

Do any of you know where to throw a barbecue in Waikiki. I have read that Fort DeRussy has grills and is a nice place. Any suggestions for places to grill, and for good food to serve and where I can buy it. I'm going to Costco for steaks, dog and burgers. Any cool deli suggestions or food I should serve:
      age group is 20 to 55 in a wedding party mode,

Thanks for any help.

2 Answers Sep 1, 2009 at 2:35 PM
    • YVR2010's Profile Photo

Around the Island on "the Bus" and places to avoid

by YVR2010 Online Now Jul 13, 2009 at 6:01 PM

Aloha ahiahi from Vancouver, Canada

Is there a single transit bus that will take you around the entire island without transfers? or would you recommend a tour bus?

Also, are there certain streets or areas of Waikiki one should avoid? (We have something called "East Hastings" in downtown that is not a nice area ie drugs, homeless etc)

Mahalo in advance.

5 Answers Jul 16, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    • Maximum Guests in Room Limits?

by jossip Online Now Jun 21, 2009 at 1:14 AM

Aloha, I have a question on hotel room limits in Waikiki. We are planning to travel to Waikiki in late November. There will be 2 adults and 3 children all aged under 5. It would seem that the extra child is cutting down our options in terms of where we can stay. Are these limits set by the Hotel themselves or is this a legal requirement. One of the hotels we looked at has a limit of 4 guests but has 2 double beds and a pull out sofa bed. I would like to think that this would be more than enough for us.

Can anyone shine some light onto this?

Thanks in advance.

JJ

2 Answers Nov 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM
    • where to park

by damore5 Online Now Feb 12, 2009 at 4:22 PM

It looks like the hotels have the beach all to there own , so when I drive in, where will I be able to park and at what cost ?

3 Answers Feb 14, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    • Waikiki with baby!

by Squiff Online Now Oct 9, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Hi, my husband and I will be on our honeymoon on Oahu for three weeks in Dec. We will have our 10 month old son with us (17hrs of flying-help!). Does anyone know of a good place to stay? We are looking for somewhere fairly accessible, safe and not too expensive. Kitchen facilities would be good and we are looking to stay in Waikiki for one week. Thank you!!!

3 Answers Oct 11, 2008 at 4:37 PM
    • Which area to stay at Waikiki?

by lambje Online Now Sep 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Hi, I will stay at Waikiki for 4 nights in October. I'm not sure which area is best to stay in: near Fort de Russy beach park or Kuhio beach park. I need to choose between hotels Castle Maile Sky Court and Waikiki Sand Villa Hotel. I read that the beach near Castle Maile Sky Court is the nicest beach area, but I think all the action is near Kuhio beach. Is it a long walk from Maile Sky Court to Kuhio? I would like to stay near a beach area where I can rent a surfboard. It would be great if anyone could advise me on this. Thanks!!!

3 Answers Sep 6, 2008 at 5:55 AM