Waikiki Travel Answers

change location

Waikiki Resort Hotel or Aqua Aloha Surf Hotel

by Nanipoo Online Now Jan 22, 2005 at 7:14 AM

I will be staying in the Waikiki area for a month. I am looking for insight on either or these two hotels, specifically cleanliness and availibility of nearby parking. Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Waikiki Resort Hotel or Aqua Aloha Surf Hotel

by vancouversun Online Now Jan 30, 2005 at 9:27 PM

I just returned from a week stay at the Aqua Aloha Surf. The hotel was ok. It was very clean but is on a very busy street corner and there was plenty of traffic noise all hours of the day even with the windows closed. I got a deeply discounted package price so my expectations were not high. The room had a fridge, microwave and mini coffee maker, the bed was good and there was plenty of hot water. The room had full cable and a 27" TV. If you are coming from the mainland, you may want to bring some snack foods like microwave popcorn and coffee/coffee mate...there is a grocery store next door but island prices are generally double for these convenience items. The hotel is partially renovated. Public areas and guest rooms are freshly wallpapered and painted but the furniture is original and makes the rooms look outdated. The standard rooms are tiny and have a shower only. The superior rooms are not much bigger but have balconys and the junior suites on the top floor are large with king beds and sitting areas. There is a continental bkfst served daily which is included but there is limited seating and they frequently run out items. They serve croissants, muffins, doughnuts, oranges, juice and coffee. Parking at the hotel is 14$ per day. We were told you could try and get free parking next to the canal but that parking there was hard to get. There are other reviews posted on tripadvisor.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines