Waiheke Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How to do the Tongariro Northern Circuit in 3 days/2 nights

Tongariro National Park Jul 17, 2014 at 2:31 AM

I am looking to do the Tongariro NC in January 2015 with my girlfriend. Both of us are moderately fit and have hiked before. After looking at various descriptions of the trek, I am not sure how to split it up. We don't want to rush things and are planning on spending 3 days/2 nights on the circuit, but we cannot do 4 days as this does not fit into our itinerary.

So which huts should we book to have the best possible experience (longer distances on the easier parts of the trek, more time in the rough parts and enough time to take pictures/enjoy the most scenic parts?

Thanks a lot in advance!

more
    • Troll STroll

Norsewood Jul 13, 2014 at 12:42 AM

What is the cost for visiting the Troll Stroll?

more
    • Transport options from Mangatepopo to Whakapapa Village

Tongariro National Park Jul 19, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Can somebody please advice on transport options from Mangatepopo to Whakapapa village in the Afternoon in January 2015. I am looking to cut the Northern Circle Hike one day short.

Is there any public transport?
      If not - can I schedule a private transport that picks me up around 4/5pm?

Thanks a lot

more
    • Looking for ideas for venue to host a large group of visitors.

by Dabinets64 Online Now Oct 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Planning a get together for 50-70 people. Looking for a great atmosphere but also budget conscious for the families with younger children. People coming from all over the globe, so looking for something unique to Waiheke.

Irene

1 Answer Oct 28, 2013 at 12:40 AM
    • Pre 1995 Hotel in Onetangi

by mahu3121 Online Now Mar 14, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Hi can someone tell me if the hotel is still there, Sorry I've forgotten the name
      it was down from the strand hotel when I was there in 1995.

3 Answers May 28, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    • Shopping on Waiheke

by Duncan.Net Online Now Jan 18, 2005 at 3:10 AM

My Family and I will be traveling to New Zealand in July and one of the places we are going is Waiheke. The fact is we will be moving to NZ , and we are not sure where we will be settling. Waiheke could be the place. I was wondering if the shops are adequate in that there are clothing , food shops etc.

5 Answers Feb 1, 2006 at 2:38 PM