Travel Answers
Waianae

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is there still a shuttle from ferry dock to Lana'i City?

Lanai City Aug 17, 2015 at 1:10 AM

Aloha-just got a last-minute chance to go to Lana'i in the AM...Excited but am assuming there won't be any Jeeps for rent tomorrow. Sounds like we can explore some of the beaches within walking distance of the ferry dock, but I'd also like the kids to see the cats at the LARC. Does anyone know whether there is shuttle service from the dock to Lana'i City?

more
    • Shoes for hiking

Maui Aug 5, 2015 at 9:13 AM

we go to Maui this September. We are trying to figure out what shoes would be best for some hikes we plan to do.

The shoes we plan to bring are Brooks Running shoes, Keens H2 Newport Hiking Sandals, and flip flops

The hikes we are planning are:

Twin Falls: we plan to wear the Keens, as we will be walking thru water and plan to go into the water falls. It doesn't make much sense, to wear tennis shoes to take them off and put on flip flops.

Waihee Ridge Trail: Here is where i am not certain. A lot of post saying Hiking boots are best on this trail for traction. we are not bring hiking boots during travel. It doesn't seem worth it for a 2 hour hike. So I am left with the tennis shoes or my keens. My keens probably have more traction, but the tennis shoe probably has more surrounding support.

more
    • chattygirl7491's Profile Photo

Looks different??? Lava fields broken up and not many white Rock designs besides the road???

Hawaii (Big Island) Aug 11, 2015 at 12:30 AM

When we were at the Big Island

years ago... the terrain was very

different. A lot more lava fields
      All around. When we went this year
      The lava was broke up and scrub plants
      Growing there. When it was solid lava

it was prettier and people used white

Rocks to write messages or make designs.
      I was looking forward to seeing this
      And was wondering if this breaking up the

lava and plants happened naturally

Or if it's sometime they did to accelerate
      The ground being usable???

more
    • My !st time in Hawaii

Hawaii (State of) Jul 31, 2015 at 8:35 PM

Planning a 1st time trip to Hawaii. which island is the best to stay on? Is there on cheaper than another? Safer?

more