Wageningen Travel Answers

change location
laurabatlle's Profile Photo

Alloo...I'm coming to Wageningen!!!!!

by laurabatlle Online Now Dec 21, 2005 at 4:10 AM

Allooo!!

How are you??...I'm from Barcelona and I'coming to Wageningen for 5 months...and I'm so happy to go to Wageningen....

I have one question.....Do you know if it's difficult to find a room in a shared flat or house?....because SSHW has sent me a mail telling me that they just have a double room in their buildings...and It's expensive....

Well...See you soon in Wageningen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!!

Laura

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

RE: Alloo...I'm coming to Wageningen!!!!!

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Dec 21, 2005 at 4:29 AM

What do you call expensive?

Have a look at the free market at:

kamernet.nl/dsp_searchResult...

Open to more assistance,

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Dec 22, 2005 at 2:17 PM

Expensive is relative. Look at the site that PJ suggests to see if it is a reasonable price. There's always the option of taking the room (and be sure that you have at least a place to stay) and look around for another room once you get there. Wishing you succesful study in Wageningen.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

by Pavlik_NL Online Now Jan 1, 2006 at 2:15 PM

Hi Laura,

Wageningen is a small town with a very closed environment in regard to housing. The Wageningen University is known to have very reasonable housing facilities, but of course orivat searches might lead to even better circumstances. However, I do want to tell you that the amount of appartments and rooms for students is quite limited, simply because Wageningen is really a small town (34.000 inhabitants). Many of them are students (about 15-20% at this university).

Anyway, I want to welcome you in my environment (I work near Wageningen and live in the next best bigger town: Arnhem). I hope you have a great time in Gelderland and the Netherlands. If you need any further information, just let me know and I will - of course - do my best to help you out.

Best regards,

Paul

• PeteNL's Profile Photo

by PeteNL Online Now Jan 2, 2006 at 2:58 PM

Hi there and welcome!
    Just wanted to add that quite a few students also choose to live in Ede (where we live) or another nearby village or town. Maybe we can check a local paper, just let us know when you plan to arrive.

Good luck, P.

• kornix's Profile Photo

by kornix Online Now Jan 18, 2006 at 12:46 PM

Hi!!!

I'm from Toledo and I also want to go to Wageningen from march to the 15th-20th July. I'm going there with an Erasmus grant but I haven't been able to arrange things until the las minute so I may not have room in the SSHW. I have seen the web recommended but you must pay to reply the announcements and the announces I've seen are rooms shared with a family or with the owner and I would like to live with students. Isn't there any service to find appartments to rent between several people?

Thenk You
    Jose

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines