Wadi Rum

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Travel Petra to Sweimeh

Petra Mar 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Please could I have advice regarding transport options between Petra and Sweimeh? Are there alternatives to taking a taxi?
      Thanks very much

more
    • Petra transportation help

Petra Mar 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hi, I'll be arriving at the Aquba airport on a Friday at 3am.
      I'd like to see the sights in Petra.
      What is the best and cheapest way to get to Petra from the airport? I would need to get to the Petra visitors’ center in Wadi Musa.
      Also, on Saturday, I need to cross the border into Israel so I can take a bus to Jerusalem. The bus leaves from Eilat at 4:30pm. Is there an inexpensive way to get to Eilat from Wadi Musa on a Saturday?
      Thank you so much for your help.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Driving in Jordan

Petra Mar 31, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

I was travelling to Jordan next week and wanted to check - how will the route of Amman Airport to Petra to Dana/Kerak to Deadsea resorts will look like. Please let me know on whether Gas/Petrol stations quite common, will route boards be in english, usage of GPS worth and advisable, rest areas on the route etc? If there is a problem with the car, do help available quickly from rental car companies. I prefer taxi, but considering that I will be travelling with little kids, rental car will give me flexibility on when I start, when I stop etc. Any other DOs and DONTs?

more

Near Wadi Rum

• Sharon's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Wadi Rum & Trips around

by Sharon Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Hi guys,

We want to visit Wadi rum and stay there for a few quiet days in a (as far as possible) desert atmosphere.
      However, we prefer a small room, nothing fancy but not sleeping in a tent.
      Any recommendation for such place ?
      I've seen some places on the Web but all seems to be very large ones and nothing felt like being far in the desert...
      Any idea ?

Thanks in Advance,
      Sharon.

8 Answers Apr 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    • Wadi Rum Tour

by mrsmrs Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Any agency/guide recommendations for day jeep tour and over night camp in desert?

4 Answers Apr 3, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    • Getting to Wadi Rum

by cleoni Online Now Jan 9, 2010 at 4:41 AM

Hi to all.
      In September I will be staying in Taba (Sea Star Hotel) my wish is to travel to Wadi Rum for the day or even stay overnight.
      I have used the border crossing at Taba into Israel a couple of times and a few years ago I took the ferry from Taba Heights on a day package trip to Petra run by my holiday company which I enjoyed very much.
      On my visit this time I would like to go from Taba through both the Egypt/Israel border crossing and then through the Israel/Jordanian border crossing, I feel I will be ok during this part of my journey with Taxis ect unless anyone has information to the contrary.
      Once through the border and into Jordan what is the best way to get to Wadi Rum? Should I get a taxi direct and then get the same driver to return me to the border later that day?
      Can the Taxi driver take me into Wadi Rum? Or only to the visitors centre?
      Can I get a trip from the visitors centre into the Wadi for the day or can I get one staying overnight under the stars/camping? Returning to Egypt the following night?
      I will be travelling on my own so not sure if this ends up costing much more, I am willing to go by 4x4 or camel into Rum.
      I am a keen photographer and this location is on my to do list before I die, everything I have ever read about Wadi Rum makes me shake with excitement so any tips or advice from members will be most welcome.
      Thanks

Carl

4 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 12:45 AM
    • wadi rum

by dirk86 Online Now Dec 3, 2009 at 5:49 AM

Hello ,me and my friend are visiting Jordan and wadi rum in middle of December we are looking for 2 nights camping by camel truck camping out in the desert . we get good recommend from tourist we now for Aodeh Abdullah as guide in wadi rum . did Any one want with Aodeh for such trip?
      Thank you .

Dirk

1 Answer Feb 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    • thuyronald's Profile Photo

Luggage hold while doing jeep tour at Wadi Rum

by thuyronald Online Now Sep 10, 2009 at 6:31 AM

Hello,

I will be coming to Wadi Rum from Petra and want to do the half day tour before going to Aqaba to catch my 19:30 flight.
      My husband and I will have a suitcase each with our backpacks.
      Is there a place where we can store these while doing our tour or will our tour hold our luggage for us?

Thanks for any information.
      Twee

1 Answer Sep 10, 2009 at 8:27 PM
    • Bus Wadi Rum - Aqaba

by LGG123 Online Now Apr 2, 2009 at 12:08 AM

If I understand right there are buses from Wadi Rum to Aqaba in the morning (exept for Fridays?) From where does the buses go in Wadi Rum and on what time and cost?

2 Answers Apr 2, 2009 at 2:47 AM
    • Alternatives to Wadi Rum

by N2842E Online Now Jan 22, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Hi fellow travellers

The scenery of Wadi Rum appears spectacular. No doubt, good old Lawrence of Arabia has helped to put it firmly on the tourist map. Has anybody spent some time exploring the Petra - Wadi Rum region and found accessible areas of similar beauty without the bells and whistles of organised tourism: places to which one can take a local bus or taxi, do some hiking and enjoy the sheer beauty of the desert and the local ambiance?

3 Answers Apr 8, 2008 at 10:31 AM
    • Tours in Wadi Rum

by smilizia Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 3:17 AM

Hello there! I have read all the negative stories about tours. Has anyone come across any guides or tour companies for Wadi Rum which they have used and found not to be a complete rip off? If so could you pls let me know? Many thanks

12 Answers May 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM
    • Transport to and from Wadi Rum

by LucyEBell Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 4:03 AM

I am organising to go overnight to Wadi Rum in January 2008 with my family and my friends family. We total nine people. Is it true that it is easier to organise transport through the Wadi Rum guides prior to the tour then run the risk or trying to get a cab or a bus on the day given the number of people involved?

If this is the case, does anyone have an E-Mail address for the Rum Guides, Attayak? I can't seem to get through on their website posting?

Also, any idea on suitable clothing for the weather in the desert, heard it can be freezing? many thanks, Lucy (and families)

3 Answers Mar 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM
    • Organic Food

by niki.serri Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 3:11 AM

Where is a good (cheap / fresh) source for organic food near or in Wadi Rum?
      We need large quantities, for many people, for a few weeks (not necessarily all at once) for a Rainbow gathering there.
      Thanks!

Oh, also a good source for large pots and kitchen stuff would be good, and for cheap cloth + ropes, plastic tarps, large water containers... :-)

3 Answers Jan 21, 2007 at 12:05 AM
    • eileen1000's Profile Photo

wadi rum in July?

by eileen1000 Online Now Jun 17, 2005 at 12:23 PM

I am going to be camping for a night in Wadi Rum in mid-July. Is the heat going to be unbearable? Is this crazy to even attempt this in July? I really can't go another time and didn't want to miss it. thanks!

7 Answers Jun 23, 2005 at 5:47 AM