Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location
Sharon's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Wadi Rum & Trips around

by Sharon Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 1:58 AM

Hi guys,

We want to visit Wadi rum and stay there for a few quiet days in a (as far as possible) desert atmosphere.
However, we prefer a small room, nothing fancy but not sleeping in a tent.
Any recommendation for such place ?
I've seen some places on the Web but all seems to be very large ones and nothing felt like being far in the desert...
Any idea ?

Thanks in Advance,
Sharon.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Accommodation in Wadi Rum & Trips around

by cachaseiro Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Ihave been there a few times and out in the desert i never really saw anything but tent camps.
    Be ware that these camps can at times be very noisy at night as they seem to be favorite hangouts for students who come here to get drunk and dance.
    One time i was there we had 120 lebanese highschool kids in the camp boozing and dancing until the wee hours.
    This is really fun if you are in to that, but it´s surely not for everyone.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Accommodation in Wadi Rum & Trips around

by zinfandel88 Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Hey sharon! i just got back from a beautiful 2 week long vacation in Jordan, and of course visited Wadi Rum. I spent 2 days & 2 nights in the desert and had a WONDERFUL time! my 3 sisters and I stayed at Rum Stars Camp, which is run by Ahmed and his brother Salem, and we just fell in love with the desert. The camp is beautiful, clean, comfortable, and most importantly of all, quiet and peaceful. The desert is spectacular, and all the guides at the camp are friendly, knowledgeable, funny, and kind, and they did not rush us at all during our adventures hiking snd scrambling and touring the desert by 4x4. it is a very professional camp, not the mention the food is absolutely delicious (and abundant!) and everyone there is unbelievably hospitable. i have nothing but glowing reviews for this camp, and for all the bedouins there, and for the beautiful desert of wadi rum. their website is www.rumstars.com. tell them that the german sisters sent you!

by zinfandel88 Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 3:15 AM

also, i forgot to mention- i know you are not looking for a "tent" however i was very surprised when i arrived at the campsite. the private tents, are very much like private rooms, complete with beds and mattresses and bedding. there are modern showers, sinks, and flush toilets, and a beautiful sitdown eating area. i highly recommend giving them a shot!

• jordan99's Profile Photo

by jordan99 Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 10:20 AM

• Sharon's Profile Photo

by Sharon Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Thanks a lot !
    I saw their website few days ago and it did seem nice, i even seriously considered it, but i think i really prefer private showers and room even if very modest room ... Dont they have rooms at all at the Rum Stars ?

Clause - Thanks, which camp were you talking about ?

Thanks,
    Sharon.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 9:54 PM

I think it was at captains camp that they had the party.
    You do generally have loud music and dancing until 10-11pm at the camps in Wadi Rum.
    This is good for some, but iu had some clients complaining that it was killing the feeling of beingin the desert.
    In your case it mighgt not be so bad as you are used to be in the desert and could just take a walk away from the amp noise in the evening and get a more quiet feeling a little away from there.

by zinfandel88 Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 1:07 AM

hey sharon!

no they don't have rooms....they have private tents with beds, which was enclosed, kind of like a room, but really a tent. very nice, and very comfortable, however, no private bathrooms or showers...it is a campsite after all.

and not all camps in Wadi Rum have loud mnusic---the camps located OUTSIDE the Wadi Rum Protected Area (not in the "real wadi rum") are generally not licensed and they host huge groups with parties and music. the camps inside the protected area are quieter, with traditional bedouin lute music accompanying dinner, and overall peace and tranquility.

good luck sharon!!

• Sharon's Profile Photo

by Sharon Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Thanks a lot for your kind and quick help :)

Sharon.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum