Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location

Wadi Rum Tour

by mrsmrs Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Any agency/guide recommendations for day jeep tour and over night camp in desert?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • maunaloa's Profile Photo

Re: Wadi Rum Tour

by maunaloa Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jordanexcursions's Profile Photo

Re: Wadi Rum Tour

by jordanexcursions Online Now Feb 24, 2011 at 2:08 AM

hello, i recommend the Jabal Rum Camp in Wadi Rum, you can book with them directly on jabal_rum_camp2000@yahoo.com, also they can arrange for you the Jeep tour ...

• Re: Wadi Rum Tour

by zinfandel88 Online Now Apr 3, 2011 at 3:22 AM

i highly recommend Rum Stars Camp. my 3 sisters and I just returned from a spectacular visit with them, and it is a must-see stop for every tourist travelling through jordan.

Jebel Rum Camp is NOT located in the Wadi Rum Protected Area-- rather outside of it. Anyone travelling to Wadi Rum needs to be aware that there are several non-legit bedouin camps operating outside the protected area. Jebel Rum Camp is also very VERY big-- lots of tourists and lots of noise. we had looked into staying here before realizing all this and thankfully were able to book with Rum Stars. we did not regret it AT ALL!

any camp that you stay in, whether it is Rum Stars or not, you will know it is in the Protected Area if you pass through the Visitors Center.

Happy travels and enjoy wadi rum!

• Re: Wadi Rum Tour

by Steph7783 Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 5:17 AM

If you want a real bedouin experience, respectful of the desert, I recommend you to contact Salem ( jordan-nomads.com). Usually, tourists go to fixed camps, with all the comfort of the modern life, but they don't see what bedouin life in jordan looks like. So I think you won't regret this experience ; they will really take care of you and, in the same time, you will feel you are a jordan nomad too, for a day ! They can propose you very good programs, depends of your wishes.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum