Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location

Bus Wadi Rum - Aqaba

by LGG123 Online Now Apr 2, 2009 at 12:08 AM

If I understand right there are buses from Wadi Rum to Aqaba in the morning (exept for Fridays?) From where does the buses go in Wadi Rum and on what time and cost?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • puerto_lover's Profile Photo

Re: Bus Wadi Rum - Aqaba

by puerto_lover Online Now Apr 2, 2009 at 1:01 AM

I have been to Aqaba, Petra & Wadi Rum but a few years back. It is really fantastic. When I went I had a very friendly Jordanian taxi driver from Aqaba who was very proud of his Mercedes. Comfortable way to travel as it was summer and it does get hot.
    So your question brought back happy memories.
    Now as far as transport is concerned. I think you are quite correct in saying that there is some public transport from Wadi Rum to Aqaba. You probably read this as well (from your-guide-to-aqaba-jordan.c... :-
    From Aqaba to Wadi Rum
    Public minibus
    Public minibuses run daily between Aqaba and Wadi Rum but, since their main purpose is to shuttle teachers from Aqaba to the school in Rum village and to serve the locals, the schedule is accommodating them rather than the tourists.

So all the departure time here are approximate and to be confirmed. If you can, walk up to the bus station in Aqaba the day before you want to travel and ask the drivers. Especially if you plan to travel on a Friday.

The buses leave from near the Aqaba Police station at 6.30h, 11.00h, 13.00h and 15.00h - or when they are full - and return from Wadi Rum cca. one hour later.

Bus ticket costs JD 3 one way.
    UNQUOTE

Now looking down at the very clear images taken from the heavens on Google Earth, you can see that the village where the bus will stop is at the far end (south) of the road leading off the main Aqaba-Amman highway. To get to Rum village the bus must pass the Tourist Centre which is clearly seen on this little map of the area. Rum village is at least 6 kms south of the Tourist centre.
    http://www.wadirum.jo/Rum_Map.htm

So perhaps the bus will stop next to the Visitor centre on its way to and from Rum village. What do you think ?

The Tourist centre was not built when I visited and should be able to advise you if that's where you are heading for. There will most likely be others who have taxied there also in case of sharing cars?

From the Visitor centre, there seems to be good views of the Seven Pillars of Wisdom as seen on this panorama photo:

http://www.panoramio.com//photo/2512939 (open it to get the big picture !)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

Re: Bus Wadi Rum - Aqaba

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Apr 2, 2009 at 2:47 AM

Check www.jordanjubilee.com for the most up-to-date information for buses between Petra, Wadi Rum and Aqaba.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum