Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location

Tours in Wadi Rum

by smilizia Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 3:17 AM

Hello there! I have read all the negative stories about tours. Has anyone come across any guides or tour companies for Wadi Rum which they have used and found not to be a complete rip off? If so could you pls let me know? Many thanks

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • Re: Tours in Wadi Rum

by sejalwalia Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 4:05 AM

i have a URL in my knowlege which is: clickindia.com/travel/travel... ... i think this has quite genuine contacts of travel agents in India... it may help you.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • jordan99's Profile Photo

Re: Tours in Wadi Rum

by jordan99 Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 4:18 AM

When it comes to Wadi Rum and meet the guide will know that there is no such talk in Wadi Rum
    In Wadi Rum centre for visitors by the Government
    Able to reach him and choose a time like to remain
    There plate prices to the tour in Wadi Rum specific
    which exploited
    Met people in Petra or Aqaba He told them that he worked in the Wadi Rum and will trip them there at lower prices And went with them But, unfortunately, did not visit Wadi Rum But went to the area again similar to the Wadi Rum (Name Herzh)Believe me, who visited Wadi Rum found true hospitality, respect and appreciation by Bedouin

hasan
    wadi rum

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo

by MikeySoft Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 6:45 AM

book mark

• chizz's Profile Photo

by chizz Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Hi there
    We just booked a tour with the Wadi Rum Visitors Centre at the entrance to the site. All prices for tours are fixed by the Government so no chance of being ripped off. We did a 4 hour tour to main sights but they had quite a few tours available - can even go by camel! Prices are not too expensive. You could even ask other people if they want to share a car with you if you want to do the same tour, as I believe the prices are for the car, not per person.

by MikeySoft Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 10:19 AM

Thanks, about how much was the tour. Let us know how you liked it. :)

by MikeySoft Online Now Dec 28, 2007 at 10:20 AM

PS, where are you staying. Is it easy to get internet access for your post?

• mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

by mjmaniezzo Online Now Dec 30, 2007 at 6:43 AM

Thanks for taking the time to update us.

What did your tour include?

• vtveen's Profile Photo

by vtveen Online Now Jan 1, 2008 at 9:15 AM

bookmark

• DrurySheriff's Profile Photo

by DrurySheriff Online Now Jan 7, 2008 at 6:57 AM

I had a terrible experience in taking jeep tour in Wadi Rum. Below is an excerpt from my complaint letter to the company. After the incident I learned that you should take the jeep tour from the tourist info. Please, please do more research.
    "...I had decided to overlook those minor incidents above, but we had an extremely terrible experience while we took a tour (arranged by your company) to Wadi Rum on Dec 19, 2007. I completely understand that your company wants to cut costs by dealing with certain supplier. Furthermore, I appraise your effort on supporting the ecotourism project by giving The Jordanian Hashemite Fund For Human Development your business. But, you should also check the quality of the vehicle and the guide/driver. On the tour day, our jeep broke down more than 10 times. The first 30 minutes drive was smooth and the jeep stalled after it went over mount of sands. The driver/guide, Omar spoke limited English. We were extremely nervous because he kept saying "it's no problem" several times while clearly, the jeep broke down every 10 seconds. We were in the middle of the desert, no map, no cellular signal, and no assurance from Omar on where we were. Every time we asked him how long it takes to go the headquarter or the nearest camp, he always replied 1 km. But he had been replying that answer for more than 45 minutes. Every time we wanted to go back on where we were, he said 'no' and move forward. Finally, the jeep was clearly broken, nothing that he could do to fix it, but he kept trying and kept saying "it's O.K." I was afraid that it would get dark soon. So my wife made a decision to trust Omar's word blindly. What could we do at that time? With the information that the nearest camp was around 1 km, my wife decided to walk. The feeling of not knowing where I was in the middle of nowhere was not a pleasant feeling. So we walked for a about 2 km in the desert until we saw some camps and few people from the distance. I was very surprised that after Omar put us through, he dared to ask for a tip. To sum up, we didn't not see the beauty of Wadi Rum as most tourists see. I was extremely disapointed at your choice of your supplier in Wadi Rum. This incident could've gone wrong easily if the choices that we made turned out to be wrong. You are jeopardizing our safety here and can ruin your company reputation..."

• paola5's Profile Photo

by paola5 Online Now Jan 11, 2009 at 1:05 AM

Hello,
    you can find good advice for trip in jordan sites, especially for trekking, Desert touring, eco..and so go on , contacting petragiordania@yahoo.com

it is an expertise.

• mjmaniezzo's Profile Photo

by mjmaniezzo Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Thanks everyone.

I made arrangements with a company J-T-H (Jordan tourism home) I think is what it stands for. Anyway. It kind of worked out but not without problems.

Were met at the airport like planned and were taken to Mt Nebo, the Dead Sea and the Marriott Petra as agreed it was a long day, but the worst of it was the driver and the Organizer proceeded to argue on the phone about the itinerary almost as soon as we were picked up at the Airport. The Drive who spoke English and was Jordanian and from Amman said the plan wasn't possible to do in one day.

It was very uncomfortable for us. The Driver was right. In any case we made some adjustments but it was awkward.

Leading up to the trip the Owner called me several time to confirm stuff. We send the payment via visa on the net. Several days later the Visa was compromised and we sent a money order. About 1 week before the trip I couldn't get into contact with the company. Finally I contacted Bell Canada requested they pull all phone numbers I had received calls from originating in from Jordan and I finally got back in touch with this company J-T-H after a long song and dance from him every thing was fine.

Just re iterate everything we planned basically happened but it was not without a lot of issues.

• Re: Tours in Wadi Rum

by wadirum09 Online Now May 8, 2009 at 9:30 AM

yes, go to Saleh, he is a great bedouin tour guide from Wadi Rum itself. Born there. His web site is www.wadirumtours.com.
    Saleh is a great guy and very honest with a lovely family. So if you want to have a real experience then I can highly recomment him. His web site has all the info about the costs....and that is really what you pay. I had a great time with Saleh and his family.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum