Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location

Transport to and from Wadi Rum

by LucyEBell Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 4:03 AM

I am organising to go overnight to Wadi Rum in January 2008 with my family and my friends family. We total nine people. Is it true that it is easier to organise transport through the Wadi Rum guides prior to the tour then run the risk or trying to get a cab or a bus on the day given the number of people involved?

If this is the case, does anyone have an E-Mail address for the Rum Guides, Attayak? I can't seem to get through on their website posting?

Also, any idea on suitable clothing for the weather in the desert, heard it can be freezing? many thanks, Lucy (and families)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Transport to and from Wadi Rum

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Feb 21, 2007 at 9:57 AM

Hallo Fulla, you are talking about Obied from Dissieh (not Wadi Rum), right?

I don't know which Attayak you are talking about, but I can tell you that this story you are repeating is completely wrong! I suggest you be a bit more careful or you will be storing up trouble for your husband who is already not particularly popular with the Wadi Rum Bedouin! I understand that he is a major culprit when it comes to passing tourists on to non-English speaking people, notably his own family.... That includes guests from the Alcazar Hotel who sends him a lot of people.

As for the question from Lucy, It's not so much a question of relying on the guides, as of avoiding the hotels! They will take a hefty commission on any transport they fix for you. It's quite easy to organise taxis, even for nine people, just ask one taxi to bring some of his friends along.

In January the desert might easily be freezing, as might Petra. This year roads have been blocked by snow on two occasions. Certainly you should bring winter clothes for everywhere in Jordan!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Transport to and from Wadi Rum

by Hey23 Online Now Mar 10, 2007 at 4:56 AM

It's very funny to see how much people are fighting when it comes to talking about the wadi rum guides. I believe that if the relations in the village will be peacefull, there will be enough tourists for all the guides. anyway, from my experience I recommend Mohammed Sabah, as a good speaking English guide that knows how to really take care of the needs of the people. He is an understanding person that has a large range of tour programs, and really nice staff that works with him(one by one they are all very sweet: including the guides, the cooks, and musicians in his camp). I enjoyed my trips with him and will come back next year.

Here are his details and a link to the website :)
    www.mohammedwadirum.8m.com
    Mohammed_rum@yahoo.com
    Mobiles: 00962777314688 , 00962799892446
    Telefax: 00962-3-2032961

• Vabate's Profile Photo

RE: Transport to and from Wadi Rum

by Vabate Online Now Mar 21, 2007 at 2:11 PM

Hi Lucy:
    Cell: +962.795.834.736 (or 0795.834.736) from inside Jordan
    Web: www.rumguides.com
    E-mail: attayak@rumguides.com

See my pics and review on virtual tourist, A photo of Attayak's camp is there!

"Wadi Rum" - Wadi Rum by Vabate

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum