Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location

Organic Food

by niki.serri Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 3:11 AM

Where is a good (cheap / fresh) source for organic food near or in Wadi Rum?
We need large quantities, for many people, for a few weeks (not necessarily all at once) for a Rainbow gathering there.
Thanks!

Oh, also a good source for large pots and kitchen stuff would be good, and for cheap cloth + ropes, plastic tarps, large water containers... :-)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

RE: Organic Food

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 11:18 AM

You MIGHT be able to buy some in Qaireh on the main Highway some 30 kilometers from Wadi Rum but more probably you would have to go to Aqaba.

For the other supplies again the most likely answer is Aqaba, but if you are not too much worried about the quality, try the Bedouin shops in Ma'an further north. That's not particularly close to Wadi Rum, but I think it's probably your best bet.

I am curious, just what is a "Rainbow" gathering, and why don't you ask the Bedouin to deal with the logistics for it? This is what they are extremely good at, and you wouldn't need to buy all the equipment yourselves. They already have most of all this.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Doctor38's Profile Photo

RE: Organic Food

by Doctor38 Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Camal
    This might be what she means by the Rainbow_Gathering.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbo...

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Organic Food

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Jan 21, 2007 at 12:05 AM

Thanks v much Doctor! Lord the mind boggles to think of this at Wadi Rum. I am seriously doubtful if they can get permission to do it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum