Wadi Rum Travel Answers

change location
eileen1000's Profile Photo

wadi rum in July?

by eileen1000 Online Now Jun 17, 2005 at 12:23 PM

I am going to be camping for a night in Wadi Rum in mid-July. Is the heat going to be unbearable? Is this crazy to even attempt this in July? I really can't go another time and didn't want to miss it. thanks!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • RE: wadi rum in July?

by RoxannaS. Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 11:14 AM

I've been to Wadi Rum this January and it was pretty hot - approx. 30C, so imagine July... it's beautiful though so if there's no other way, I'd suggest you go. Try also a night in the Dubai desert - it's ten times better!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • 1W1V's Profile Photo

RE: RE: wadi rum in July?

by 1W1V Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 11:30 AM

Right now, the daytime temp is around 40°C + but in the night I guess it can go down to 30°C.
    It is bearable, moreover it is only one night !
    Take care
    L

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

by Gili_S Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 12:09 PM

I have been in the region in the summer and temperatures easily can get to 45 Celsius and more during the day. However, as it is dry desert, after sunset the temperatures dropping down fast to around the 20 and it feels rather chill because of the temperatures differences.
    About camping, I suggest to find out a suitable place for that, there are Bedouins villages where you can get a place in a tent, I wouldn't recommend sleeping on the ground in the wilderness there. (for many reasons)
    By the way, be sure that you have with you lots of water, I was drinking at list one litre an hour while in the desert.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo

RE: wadi rum in July?

by TheWanderingCamel Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 10:57 PM

The nights are wonderful at this time of year, don't miss it!

What will you be doing during the day? And are you with a Bedouin guide ? As already said be a bit careful about camping alone, you have to know where to sleep (not too near to trees because of snakes) and especially make a camp fire!

• chrisvandenbroucke's Profile Photo

by chrisvandenbroucke Online Now Jun 18, 2005 at 11:14 PM

Nights can be rather windy but it won't be too hot.
    You'll enjoy sunset end sunrise and If you stay in a genuine bedouin camp, you'll be singing and dancing for e few hours after sunset, so you'll be rather tired and sleep well, I suppose.
    And if you can't sleep, admire the millions of stars above you
    It'll certainly be a wonderful experience.

• eileen1000's Profile Photo

by eileen1000 Online Now Jun 20, 2005 at 9:45 AM

Great, thanks for everyone's thoughts. I'll definitely spend a night there then - since I'm planning this trip last minute I am hiring a guide through Atlas tours to take care of arranging the Jordan leg of my trip (rest of time will be spent in Israel). I think during the day i will just do the jeep tour w/a Bedouin guide, and definitely won't be camping alone - will be staying in one of the camps nearby (not sure which one yet...). I'm generally not a fan of camping but this sounds like a great experience!

• magiccarpet's Profile Photo

by magiccarpet Online Now Jun 23, 2005 at 5:47 AM

dont worry ... while it may be hot during the day it will certainly be nice and serene at night if not windy even.... im sure u will enjoy a new experience... and its not only sand it has many nice rock formations to enjoy or to attempt to climb too. have a nice trip

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Wadi Rum