Travel Answers
Wadduwa

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sri Lanka in July - who wants to join us?

Sri Lanka Apr 16, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Hi all we are 40+ couple from Poland and we will be in Sri Lanka from the 1st of July till 23rd. We plan to make a tour during the first 6 days and than go to the East and stay there two remaining weeks. We are looking for company to join us in our trip. Let me know if interested :)

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more
    • A swimwear/ bikini shop in Unawatuna

Unawatuna Apr 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM

Hi, I am arriving from Rishikesh, in north India. Are there any shops close by Unawatuna for swimwear?

more
    • List of Halal food in Sri lanka

Sri Lanka Mar 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I'll be travelling in sri lanka soon. Therefore would be glad if anyone could share the list of halal eateries that they have been to. Especially to this following places:
      - pollonuwara
      - nuwara eliya
      - hambantuta
      - galle
      - colombo

Appreciate your kind help.

more
    • August Itinerary - HELP NEEDED

Sri Lanka Apr 6, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Hello all. I am planning a 15 day trip in August for myself and my boyfriend (both mid 20s). Please can you let me know your thoughts on whether it's feasible (or if we're missing something important?). We want a good balance of beach, exploring local cultures & authentic food. Our priorities are at least one beautiful beach resort (weather permitting) with luxury accommodation, one safari experience (with tree hut lodge stays), and some great local food / markets. We would enjoy some evening nightlife for some of the trip too. Our plan so far is:

Colombo - head straight to Negombo for 2 nights
      Kandy for 3 nights
      Nuwara Eliya for 2 nights
      Yala National Park for 2 nights
      Ella for 1 night
      Beach Resort (Tangalle / Mirissa) for 4 nights
      Galle for 1 night
      Train to Colombo for flight home

more
    • Airport shuttle

Bentota Mar 28, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Can anyone suggest a good taxi firm that runs a service from Bentota to Colombo airport?

Thanks

Gary

more
    • modes of travel in srilanka

Bentota Mar 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM

we are 4 adults and 1 child. Want to know the best way to travel from Colombo airport to bentota. and later from bentota to kandy

more
    • tsunami warning system in sri lanka

Sri Lanka Apr 18, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Hi,
      Sri Lanka cost have a risk of tsunami wave. My question cencern local warning system. If in case of any risk I can expect worning, early enough to escape on any safe place?
      ZN

more
    • Sri Lanka travel itinerary

Sri Lanka Apr 16, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Hi guys! I know am asking a very vague question but could help me in planning itinerary for my expected tour to Sri Lanka.

Am looking to travel there sometime in Jan or Feb 2015 (I know I have started planning to early), I searched various travel sites and most of them have similar itinerary as below:
      Day 01 : Colombo - Kelaniya - Colombo
      Day 02 : Colombo - Pinnawala - Dambulla
      Day 03 : Dambulla - Sigiriya - Matale - Kandy
      Day 04 : Kandy - Peradeniya - Kandy
      Day 05 : Kandy - Hakgala - Nuwara Eliya
      Day 06 : Nuwara Eliya - Bentota
      Day 07 : Bentota - Departure from Colombo

I don't know much about the country, so am not sure if the above cities/places and days are enough to see Sri Lanka. Can someone help me.

Also noticed that no company includes Jaffna. I would like to visit as have heard a lot about it but is it advisable to go there?

more
    • SimiFeliz's Profile Photo

Where to go ?!

by SimiFeliz Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Hello :) guys, what's the best place here to go for having fun ? :)

3 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    • Wadduwa with children?

by SaraLu Online Now Nov 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Hello, we are planning a trip for 2-3 weeks to Sri Lanka in jan/feb next year, and are looking at Wadduwa. How is the beach? And are the currents bad? We Went to Bentota 2 years ago (with one Child), and loved it, now we have 2 Children (1,3 years old) and are going more on a budget/midrange. Is there a few restaurants in the village/Town?
      The transfer time seems reasonable, and we Think that we have found a nice Place to stay, Since we have the small Children, most of the time will be spent at the beach or Close surroundings.
      Would be happy for input!
      Sara

9 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • things to do

by travelanswer1010 Online Now Aug 7, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Hi we are going to wadduwa in dec this year for 6 days, we are a group of 10.... family and friends , youngest 18. oldest me....a very young minded 52 yr old. we would love to make the most of our 6 days , so don't want to miss out on anything going on..... day & eve. would very much welcome ideas and tips . thanks . laura

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    • pj2904's Profile Photo

BLUE WATER HOTEL

by pj2904 Online Now Aug 17, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Hi,

Were staying here shortly but only have Breakfast as our meal plan. Are there any local restaurants away from the hotel that are accessible?

Thanks.

1 Answer Aug 17, 2012 at 2:24 AM
    • Spa damage and hairdryers!!!

by rhinokitch Online Now May 25, 2005 at 7:59 AM

Hello everyone.
      I will be travelling from Leeds, England, with my future wife on the 2nd July 2005 and then getting married at the Blue Water Hotel. I read on another website (which I now cannot find!!)that due to the tsunami, the spa was due to be closed until the beginning of July. But I've read on this forum that the hotel is back up and running as usual. Can someone please let me know whether the spa is now up and running ahead of schedule?
      Also, to save baggage space, could someone let me know whether the rooms have hairdryers provided?
      Thank you. Michael.

1 Answer May 27, 2005 at 11:45 AM
    • Blue water hotel

by Lisa27 Online Now May 11, 2005 at 8:29 AM

Hi

Im due to travel to sri lanka shortly for a holiday at the blue water hotel.
      Has anyone visited the hotel since the tsunami?
      What is the damage and did it have an impact on your holiday?

Many thanks in advance for your reply

Lisa x

2 Answers May 12, 2005 at 2:18 AM
    • Blue Water Hotel Sri lanka - Any damage?

by Lisa27 Online Now Feb 25, 2005 at 3:03 AM

Hi

Im due to travel to Sri Lanka in a couple of months on a multi centre holiday staying at the Blue Water Hotel Wadduwa. Can anyone tell me if there has been alot of damage.

Thanks

Lisa x

2 Answers Feb 27, 2005 at 8:12 AM
    • Villa ocean view wedding

by Dawnpears Online Now Feb 2, 2005 at 12:21 PM

I am getting married in April at the Villa ocean view hotel and included in our package is traditional Sri Lankan wedding Attire. We have asked the travel agent a number of times what exactly is included with this and I have emailed the resort and all they have said is that its a Sari and local jewellry. Has anyone else out there had this package? I booked with first choice. Does the jewellry include the tikka and bangles?? Do you really not need to take anything clothing wise for the big day? What does the groom wear?? I dont want to go all that way and forget something! Any info would be great.

5 Answers Feb 14, 2005 at 12:14 PM
    • wadduwa ocean view

by 2catts Online Now Jan 13, 2005 at 3:12 PM

we stayed at ocean view in 2003 and wanted to know if wadduwa was hit by the tsunami we are concerned for the people that we got to know while we were there. There is a little girl named Sagrica who lives on the beach with her family and we would like to know if they are ok. I would be grateful for any information.

1 Answer Feb 6, 2005 at 11:37 PM
    • friends at ocean villa view

by hurgard Online Now Jan 6, 2005 at 4:24 AM

i stayed at ocean villa view with my husband and friends june 2004, we had a wonderful time. the staff and even the boys on the beach who we did trips with where wonderful people so friendly and helpful. we would like to know if any one has any news on the saftey of terance and susantha who where bar staff often working the pool bar . also really concerned for the saftey of shelton who worked from the beach we used his taxi service several times and also went to his home where they made us very welcome. we will defienately be going back to sri lanka and will stay at ocean villa again.

2 Answers Feb 2, 2005 at 4:21 AM
    • Wedding In Sri Lanka - Wadduka - Hotel Villa Ocean View

by MGrantham Online Now Jan 5, 2005 at 4:30 AM

I am adding to our existing question we already have on this page. We were due to get married in Sri Lanka departing on 6th Feb 2005. We booked our holiday for 15 people through TV Travel Shop, and its a Thomas Cook holiday. We are experiencing nothing but problems with both companies. Neither will offer a refund and we have been advised to wait a couple of days and then we will be able to receive our money back. Is anyone else experiencing so many problems. We have spent the last two days on the telephone trying to sort out this matter and we are no further forward. We have been offered alternative locations such as Cyprus, Canary Island & Cuba. We are happy with Cuba but the TV Travel shop do not offer Cuba as they are an American company. Can anyone help in our battle with both companies?

13 Answers Jan 10, 2005 at 5:44 AM
    • Villa Ocean View, How bad is damage

by DebbieJ Online Now Jan 4, 2005 at 10:45 AM

My sister is due to get married at this hotel on valentine's day and all 15 of us are due to fly out on 6th feb. Thomas Cook has told us we cannot have a refund or can not offer a suitable alternative destination (offers so far, Lanzarote or Tenerife). so we are stuck! Can anyone give us an honest view of what damage has been done to this hotel and surrounding areas? Also has anyone got any views on travelling to this area. We are also travelling with 4 young children.

7 Answers Jan 5, 2005 at 1:03 PM
    • villa ocean view in wadduwa

by alice3 Online Now Jan 2, 2005 at 9:56 AM

i would like to check if my friends H.D Sylvester and Damian Wallace and Marsh who work at at the villa ocean view are ok. If anybody has any information could you please let me know. Thanks, Alice, Shaun and Andrew

2 Answers Jan 4, 2005 at 9:51 AM
    • Villa Ocean View

by Dawnpears Online Now Jan 1, 2005 at 4:19 PM

I am due to get married at The Villa Ocean View hotel in Wadduwa in April. Does anyone know if this hotel was badly hit by the earthquake and also is Monica (the hotel elephant) alive and well? I was so looking forward to seeing her!

4 Answers Feb 16, 2005 at 6:11 AM
    • Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by Dawnpears Online Now Dec 29, 2004 at 3:20 PM

I am getting married in Sri Lanka at the Villa ocean view in Wadduwa. The wedding isnt untill 29th April but im interested as to weather or not the hotel has been affected. Do you think we will be ok to go? Please Please can someone get back to me.

8 Answers Dec 31, 2004 at 9:29 AM
    • PavlH's Profile Photo

Wadduwa?

by PavlH Online Now Dec 29, 2004 at 7:12 AM

I am booked to have a tour of Sri Lanka andthen a hotel stay in Wadduwa departing the UK on 12th January. I know it's not going to happen. You know it's not going to happen. Everyone knows it's not going to happen. Hayes and Jarvis (my tour operator) will not make a decision as to what they will do until Friday 7th January - 5 days before we are due to go. Am I the only person who feels this is ridiculous? There is no way that anyone should now be going on holiday to Sri Lanka until such time as the infrastructure can support it - with the devastation, all the resources are needed for the local population - for whom it is a terrible time as they have lost loved ones and possessions

17 Answers Jan 10, 2005 at 4:54 AM
    • PavlH's Profile Photo

Anyone been to Wadduwa?

by PavlH Online Now Oct 7, 2004 at 3:11 AM

Trying to gather information for an upcoming trip to Sri Lanka. One of the places I'll be staying is Wadduwa - trying to find details of restaurants/local places of interest. Thanks for any help.

10 Answers Oct 16, 2004 at 6:28 AM