Wadduwa Travel Answers

change location

Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by Dawnpears Online Now Dec 29, 2004 at 3:20 PM

I am getting married in Sri Lanka at the Villa ocean view in Wadduwa. The wedding isnt untill 29th April but im interested as to weather or not the hotel has been affected. Do you think we will be ok to go? Please Please can someone get back to me.

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • srupesh's Profile Photo

Re: Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by srupesh Online Now Dec 29, 2004 at 8:17 PM

Most of the hotels in the south and east have suffered a lot. If the hotels which did not suffer much damage are having their beach devastated down here. This is the common situation to all the hotels. I’ll try to give call and get you more information on the exact situation. The telecommunication facility is down and it is hard to get a call to some parts of south, east and north. I’ll do my best and get you information soon. Thanks for all the concern about our country & the people; and your prayers & aid are really helpful to us at this moment…Thanks a lot…. Rupesh

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • meandher's Profile Photo

by meandher Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 8:28 AM

On the website www.contactsrilanka.org it lists all hotels. The Villa Ocean View is listed as operational.

• Re: Re: Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by Dawnpears Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 8:33 AM

I got that website before but I couldnt get on to it for some reason. A review on the internet said that the Villa ocean view was that badly damaged it had no walls! When you say operational, does that mean its in an acceptable state or does it mean that the hotels completely unaffected?

• meandher's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by meandher Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 8:45 AM

Just had another look and the list has changed from earlier-just says it's open. I know nothing more than that. It doesn't say what the surrounding area is like either. Think you have more chance of going than us. We're booked to go in 7 weeks time for our wedding, but I'm not sure I want to be celebrating so early after such a major disaster. Hopefully things will be better by the time you go.

• Re: Re: Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by Dawnpears Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 8:53 AM

Do you know if the elephant orphanage has been affected?

Re: Re: Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by srupesh Online Now Dec 30, 2004 at 8:01 PM

I gave calls several times yesterday and I couldn’t get the connected to the hotel. So, I am also unaware what exactly going on there or the ground situation at the moment. Let’s hope everything is fine. I will try today giving calls today too…. Well I am sure The Elephant Orphanage didn’t suffer any damages due to this disaster. Rupesh

by srupesh Online Now Dec 31, 2004 at 2:44 AM

Sorry I tried several times I couldn’t get connect to the hotel. I’ll keep trying to get you some light on the situation. Catch u later….. Rupesh

• Re: Villa ocean view hit by disaster???

by peaks Online Now Dec 31, 2004 at 9:29 AM

just to say i hope your wedding goes ahead my wedding was at ocean view 5 years ago and it is still a lovely memory and we are very upset at what has happened as we are unable to get any info on the hotel or if the elephant Monica is ok we rode on her after wedding i nearly fell off due to slippy dress good luck Jackie and Steve

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines