Vysoke Tatry

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cost of taxi from Krakow to VT

by jodyryan Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM

How much would a taxi cost from Krakow to Vysoke Tatry?
      Jodyr

1 Answer Nov 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    • Connections from Poprad Airport

by ct_s Online Now Jan 14, 2007 at 10:54 AM

I am flying alone into Poprad Airport next month for a few days in the High Tatras (probably Tatranska Lomnica).

Could someone please confirm whether it is possible to catch a train from the airport or must I travel into Poprad itself ?

Is it just better to hire a taxi from airport to hotel - what would be a reasonable cost?

Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Feb 13, 2007 at 5:27 AM
    • KKarin's Profile Photo

Getting to the location

by KKarin Online Now Nov 20, 2005 at 1:25 PM

How I can get from Krakow (Poland) to Poprad (Slovakia)? If it's possible, pls suggest different ways. And how much does it cost?

9 Answers Dec 16, 2005 at 1:25 PM
    • whirleybird's Profile Photo

Trail Conditions

by whirleybird Online Now Aug 10, 2005 at 7:47 AM

Greetings, again,

Does anyone know the conditions/status of the trails to the huts in the High Tatras following last winter's devastating storms? Since we're spending a good chunk of our trip in that area, i need a head's up!

thanks, cheers!

7 Answers Feb 6, 2006 at 12:30 PM
    • whirleybird's Profile Photo

Poprad to Prague

by whirleybird Online Now Jun 8, 2005 at 1:08 PM

After hiking for a week in the Tatry, I am trying to get to Prague without spending time in Bratislava (will do that on the way to Budapest). I
      Does anyone know if there is a train that connects Poprad and Prague?
      thanks!

2 Answers Jun 8, 2005 at 2:46 PM
    • Grand Hotel Praha

by Jan47 Online Now May 21, 2005 at 11:25 AM

I have just booked our family holiday to Slovakia ( 3 teenagers, my husband and me) and we will be staying at the grand Hotel Praha in Lomnica. Although the hotel looks lovely, I haven't been able to find any independent reviews.Has anyone been to this hotel and/or the town? Any information, like what to do, where to eat, what not to do etc. will be greatly appreciated. Also, we are flying to Krakaw. Does anyone have any tips on routes?

3 Answers May 25, 2005 at 2:38 AM
    • truemetal's Profile Photo

Vysoke Tatry - skiing places

by truemetal Online Now Dec 25, 2004 at 1:08 PM

Hello all, I am thinking about going to Slovakia for skiing vacation in February - can somebody recommend a specific place? My requirements are: * Good area for alpine skiing * Budget accommodation * Ability to get there and to ski lifts by public transportation (I won't have a car) * Preferrably chair lifts and not t-bars (some of my friends are amateur snowboarders, and they fall a lot on t-bars :-) ) I was looking at the vacation packages available, can somebody briefly tell me about pros and conses from the skiing point of view between: - Demianovska Dolina - Tatranska Lomnice - Strbske Pleso ... ?

4 Answers Jan 1, 2005 at 1:03 PM
    • Best Hikes in the Tatras?

by Chapel Online Now Jun 15, 2004 at 4:40 PM

Any suggestions or opinions on what the 5 best hikes in the Tatra National Park are? and/or the 5 best things to see and do?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2006 at 6:58 AM
    • Stary Smokovec to Budapest

by Chapel Online Now Jun 6, 2004 at 10:40 AM

I'm trying to plan a vacation for late August or early September of this year in the Slovakian High Tatras. From there I will be going to Budapest. Can anyone tell how to get from Stary Smokovec or Proprad to Budapest? Bus or Train?

2 Answers Oct 6, 2004 at 5:46 AM
    • Where to Stay in the Slovakian High Tatras

by Chapel Online Now May 30, 2004 at 12:38 PM

I am trying to plan a vacation to the Slovakian Tatras in late August or early September. I'd like to stay approximately 4 days. I would like to do several day hikes in different regions of the Tatras. Is it better to stay in Strebske Pleso, Starry Smokovec or Tetranska Lomnica? Is one place more practical than another? Would Starry Smokovec be more centrally located? Can someone tell me how to get from Zakopane to any of the places just mentioned?

4 Answers Jun 8, 2004 at 1:47 AM