Voss

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi at tromso airport

Tromsø Dec 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Does anyone know the approx cost of a taxi from the airport to Clsrion Collection hotel for four with suitcases. Do u have to book or are they freely available. Thanks

more
    • Hiking Western Norway

Norway Dec 3, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Hey all.
      I'm currently planning a hiking trip to western Norway to happen next spring. Looking for any ideas for good hiking routes or must see fjords/National Parks.

more
    • charlesracine's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015?? Thank you!

Trofors Dec 7, 2014 at 7:27 AM

Can anyone recommend a Hotel or B & B in Trofors, Norway for June 2015? Trofors must be a very small village in Nordland though, there is a train station there. I have looked at several hotel sites on line though, found nothing there. I am visiting Hattfjelldal, Nordland then looking at Trofors to catch a southbound 8:56 morning train. Any & all thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thank you, Chuck Ps. having a hotel can make this trip a workable, as traveling on to Geiranger to meet friends one day later.

more
    • Seljord accommodation or buy a holiday home

Seljord Dec 19, 2014 at 1:24 AM

we are Frequent travellers to Seljord - Can we buy a holiday home there as foreigners please?
      any help would be most appreciated :)

more
    • Places to see in Voss

by rkgarg Online Now Apr 29, 2014 at 6:21 PM

We are taking a early morning train from Bergen and in voss for about 4-5 hours on our way to oslo; Is this the best option for a stop over? Please advise how to maximize the sightseeing experience here?

1 Answer Apr 29, 2014 at 11:05 PM
    • Voss to Norheimsund to Bergen ( March 2011 )

by leesm99pikl Online Now Mar 12, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Hi ,

Would be appreciated if someone could advise whether this route is doable ?

Depart Arrive

20th Mar Sunday 07.58 09.05
      Bergen Voss ( Train )

10.00 11.00
      Voss Gudvangen ( Bus )

11.30 13.40 ( Boat )
      Gudvangen Flam

14.50 16.37
      Flam Voss ( Train )

16.50 19.55
      Voss Bergen ( Bus via Norheimsund , Skyss.no Schedule 925 Hardangerlinja )

Will it be a problem for the 16.37 Voss Train & 16.50 Bus connection time being too short ? What's the distance between the Train & Bus station ?

Thanks

5 Answers Mar 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    • Driving excursion from Voss

by bxnj5 Online Now Aug 5, 2008 at 7:05 PM

I am planning on doing NIN starting in Bergen and winding up in Voss. Once there I am considering renting a car for about 2 days. Any good suggestions as to where to go in that amount of time. I will have done the southbound cruise from Kirkenes to Bergen.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2008 at 10:36 PM
    • ynnpar's Profile Photo

day in Voss

by ynnpar Online Now Jan 30, 2008 at 9:21 AM

3 of us will be in Voss for a day in Mid-March; the intent is to do some skiing. But I'm just wondering if it might be interesting to do some snowshoeing there? Does anyone snowshoe around there, or does everyone just use skies and snowboards? Anyone know if you can rent snowshoes? We're not packing much for this trip and I'd like to avoid having to bring mine. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM
    • Summer Fishing in Voss

by rctqueen Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 9:32 AM

Has anyone been fishing in Voss in August? I would like to contact a fishing guide who can provide the boat and all eqpuipment. Is this possible?

2 Answers Jul 18, 2007 at 11:18 AM
    • suzie1976's Profile Photo

Anyobdy would like to join me in Voss, Norway?

by suzie1976 Online Now May 22, 2007 at 2:36 AM

Hello everyone, I’ll be going to Norway on the 01 of June to visit my boyfriend. He is staying in Ulvik – about 3 hours drive from Bergen. It’s a huge farm with beautiful scenery. Selling flower is one of the family main income, so you will see lotsa beautiful flower at the farm too! Not only that, he had a family cottage up in the mountain. It definitely a nice place to go for a swim during the summer. Was wondering if anybody will be interested to join us? We can have BBQ during the night, drink at the verandah, just chill out at the garden, or up the hill to the cottage to have a swim there. Sometimes the house can be quite quiet especially during the night so it will be nice to meet some people and talk about anything! Oh ya.. no worries there will be enough room for at least 10 persons.

Anybody interested?

• TheSingingPostman's Profile Photo

When Does the Serious Weather Arrive?

by TheSingingPostman Online Now Nov 25, 2006 at 4:18 AM

Would it be crazy of me to visit Voss in the first half of December to go hiking in the forests? I mean, if I arrive in three weeks' time, will the first heavy snow already have fallen, making forest walking impossible? And if the snow hasn't arrived yet, will it nevertheless be VERY VERY COLD during the day, making hiking a miserable experience? If anyone can advise me, I'd be very grateful. I'd hate to waste my money by booking myself onto the ferry in advance, only to find most of Hordaland buried under snow when I arrived (or being drenched by freezing rain).

11 Answers Nov 30, 2006 at 2:50 AM