Voss Travel Answers

change location

Voss to Norheimsund to Bergen ( March 2011 )

by leesm99pikl Online Now Mar 12, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Hi ,

Would be appreciated if someone could advise whether this route is doable ?

Depart Arrive

20th Mar Sunday 07.58 09.05
Bergen Voss ( Train )

10.00 11.00
Voss Gudvangen ( Bus )

11.30 13.40 ( Boat )
Gudvangen Flam

14.50 16.37
Flam Voss ( Train )

16.50 19.55
Voss Bergen ( Bus via Norheimsund , Skyss.no Schedule 925 Hardangerlinja )

Will it be a problem for the 16.37 Voss Train & 16.50 Bus connection time being too short ? What's the distance between the Train & Bus station ?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • bergensanne's Profile Photo

Re: Voss to Norheimsund to Bergen ( March 2011 )

by bergensanne Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 12:46 PM

The route looks like it's doable. When you write Flåm to Voss by train - I guess that means the Flåm railway up to Myrdal, and then getting the main train from there to Voss? Your concern about the connection at Voss in the afternoon should be fine. I'm sure the bus corresponds with the train, although you can check this on the train. But it's a really long day for you and I think I'd consider staying in Flåm for a bit longer and then getting the train straight back to Bergen. Unless there is a particular reason why you want to go via Norheimsund? It's scenic and pretty, but you'll allready have seen quite a bit of that already...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Voss to Norheimsund to Bergen ( March 2011 )

by leesm99pikl Online Now Mar 15, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply .

This is our schedule :

20th Mar Sunday 07.58 09.05
    Bergen Voss ( Train )- so as we can walk up to Stadheim

10.00 11.00
    Voss Gudvangen ( Bus )

11.30 13.40 ( Boat )
    Gudvangen Flam

14.50 15.40
    Flam Myrdal ( Train )

Do u mean that Flam & Norheimsund
    is having almost the same view ?

by bergensanne Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Not sure I quite understand. I think you probably mean Stalheim - that's not walking distance from Voss, but there is an express bus that leaves Voss at 10 that goes via Stalheim to Gundvangen and arrives at the ferry 11.10. Flåm and Norheimsund do not have the same view, but it'll be a pretty long day - and you won't see anything that's amazingly different from what you've already seen earlier in the day. I guess it also depends on where you're from and what type of landscape you've seen before - if the west coast of Norway is likely to be something you've never experienced before and you're up for a long day then go for it!

• Voss to Norheimsund to Bergen ( March 2011 )

by leesm99pikl Online Now Mar 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Thanks for your reply .

Thought bus doesn't pass by Stalheim in March ?

We are from Malaysia & never been to Norway before .... U mean going to Norheimsund need a whole day trip ?

by bergensanne Online Now Mar 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM

You're probably right that it doesn't go up to Stalheim itself - it will just pass by down in the valley. It's more than half an hour from Voss to that area, so there would be no time you had time to walk there anyway. Norheimsund doesn't necessarily take a whole day - I just thought it mean that you'd spend most of your day on a train, a bus or a boat, and not really have time to get a feel of the places you visit. But if you are determined to go to Norheimsund, then I think it would be ok to do it the same day - as long as you're prepared that it'll be a long day and that the scenery is not amazingly different to what you have seen earlier that day. best of luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines