Voronezh Travel Answers

change location

Voronezh - Safe place?

by aliitze Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Hi! Anyone who has experience from travelling (or living) in Voronezh? I will probably go this fall, around september or october and hopefully stay for a whole year (work). The thing is, is this city nice place to live in? How are the people? Will I be safe living on my own? Is there a lot of mafia, prostitution, rapes, crime, etc.?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Katya42's Profile Photo

Re: Voronezh - Safe place?

by Katya42 Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Since nobody answered you, I figured I'd throw at least my two cents in. Have you been to Russia before? Do you speak Russian? Have you chosen Voronezh yourself or someone else (like your work) did? It is an industrial city, quite large (over a million people), but not that big by Russian standards (Moscow has at least 15 million people). I'm sure you will be fine living there, but do try to make friends quickly, so that they can help you transition into your new surroundings and have your back in case of cultural misunderstandings . If you would like some insight into the collective psyche of Russian people, feel free to message me, I grew up there. All the best!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Voronezh