Volos

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• luggage locker in train or bus station in Βόλος

by milijicm Online Now Jul 6, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I will spend few hours in Volos in August. I think that it will be good to leave my luggage somewhere and to walk around to see city. Is there a luggage locker in train or bus station in Volos? Or any other suggestion?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    • ferries in August

by katyC Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Are there ferries after 6 pm August 19th 2013 from volos to Skopelos? And do I need to book in advance?

I will be getting the bus from Thessaloniki which arrives in Volos at 17.45

4 Answers May 30, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    • Public Transport Volos Airport to Pilio Magnisia - Thessaly

by sus77 Online Now May 8, 2012 at 5:16 AM

Hi. Is there are train/bus connection from Volos Airport to the following place?
      Agios Georgios Nilias – Pilio Magnisia - Thessaly

Thanks for your help. :-))

8 Answers May 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    • trip to volos

by ruthmarie73 Online Now Aug 1, 2011 at 8:42 AM

how much will a ticket cost to volos on the coach? return or on the train return? can u get a weekly return i.e going on 18th returning on 21st. my journey is from athens airport to volos and then back from volos to athens. Please help me plan this journey

2 Answers Aug 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    • taxi to Kala Nera

by sl1pper Online Now Mar 13, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Hi,
      Could someone please advise me what the cost of a taxi from Volos to Kala Nera should cost. Best regards Sl1pper

• nea ionia indoor-pool

by teriandron Online Now Feb 25, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Can you tell me location of nea ionia indoor-pool and best place to stay near there.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    • volos airport transportation

by parx Online Now Jul 25, 2010 at 7:37 AM

1. is there a bus service from the airport to volos?
      if not,
      2. are taxis available & what is the cost to volos?

3 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM
    • Athens - Volos train? HOW and how much????????

by Paulzb Online Now Mar 30, 2010 at 1:44 PM

As I searched all the web and there were only info in greek.. so I am forced to ask a question :)
      Where i can get time tables for trains form Athens to Volos?
      Where I can get prices?
      Please show me some links and maybe the greek spelling for names Volos, Athens and Larisa, or spelling for the train stations there, because even tough I found how to spell Volos, I did't found Larisa train station name... As I found - the train goes through Larisa

big big thanx to You

4 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 1:14 PM
    • bus from igoumenitsa to volos

by carey19811123 Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 12:00 AM

plz could u anyone tell me how to get to volos from igoumenitsa directly by bus?
      if know about it in details,like timetables,arrival time n fare,plz let me know.
      thank u for ur coop.

3 Answers Mar 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM
    • crazyman2's Profile Photo

hotel on the way to the monasteries near Meteora

by crazyman2 Online Now Aug 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM

I'm trying to find the name of a horel in which we had lunch. It was opened within the past 3 years and has a swimming pool looking out across mountains and a valley. Also, it has many black and white photos by a famous Greek (?) photographer; the photos are of the monks and the monasteries.

Can you tell me the hotel or the photographer?

Thank you!

Stephen

1 Answer Aug 30, 2009 at 12:33 PM
    • Drum and Bass music in Volos

by pcborrill Online Now Aug 10, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Are there any clubs in Volos that have DJs who play Drum and Bass music?
      Can you recommend any clubs that someone who is into this sort of music might like?
      What is the lower age limit in Volos Clubs?

1 Answer Aug 11, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    • Travelling from Volos to Athens

by zyamani Online Now May 20, 2009 at 1:02 AM

I will be travelling from Volos to Athens this summer. I wanted to know what is a more reliable and faster means of transportation - the bus or the train. I need to catch a flight from the airport in Athens at 4 pm. I will be arriving in Volos via ferry at 8:30 am. If I take the bus, apparently I will arrive at the bus station in Athens and then have to take a taxi to the Larissa metro before getting to the Airport. If I take the train/rail I will arrive at the Larissa railway station and then take a metro to the airport. Is this correct? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

4 Answers May 26, 2009 at 12:08 PM
    • tansportation volos milina

by gsr Online Now Apr 17, 2009 at 6:32 AM

can i have please the time table of busses from volos to milina and back, relevant june 2009.
      thanks

5 Answers Apr 24, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    • loftyken's Profile Photo

What to do in 1 day?

by loftyken Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Hi mates. We are a family of 2 adults and a child and are going for a cruise on the MSC Poesia. The ship is going to embark in Volos on 4th April from 09:00 am to 19:00. Please advice what's the best to do and see in one day. Is there enough time to visit the monasteries of Meteora or Mount Pelion ? Is it wise to go on tour or is it possible to make it on our own. Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks

2 Answers Apr 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    • train to volos from thessaloniki

by jan&mark Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 3:49 AM

Hi i am flying into Tessaloniki on the 28th aug arriving at 01.45am i want to get the train to volos does anyone know the train times?
      I beleive the ordinary trains are cheaper although a little slower, how do i contact the train companies to find the details i need, as the only one i can find on line is ose. can anyone help?

5 Answers Aug 8, 2008 at 12:46 PM
    • cot to buy or hire in volos

by tonychilds Online Now Jul 8, 2008 at 9:52 AM

we are staying in Pelion in Aug 08 and need a cot for a 12 month old baby. Where can we get one ? We arrive in Volos on Saturday 9th August at about 6pm Thanks

1 Answer Jul 9, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    • Bus journey durations and times, Patras-Volos

by zoe_smyth Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 6:12 AM

I understand that there are 4 buses daily that run between Patras and Volos; can anyone tell me what time they depart and arrive (in both directions)?
      I am travelling to Skopelos via Italy next month (August) and have one day set aside to travel between the ports of Patras and Volos.
      Also, if anyone can tell me how much the bus fare is that would be great, too. Any advice would be much appreciated, particularly as the sites I have found with this kind of information are in Greek only.

2 Answers Jul 7, 2008 at 9:35 AM
    • Bus transportation around Volos

by smudgerenz Online Now Feb 4, 2008 at 2:48 PM

I will be staying in Volos with a group for about a week and want to go to Dimini, Sesklo, and Makrinitsa using public transportation. We will be there in March. Is it possible to do this? How much would it cost per person (all adults) and how often might the buses run?

4 Answers Feb 10, 2008 at 2:32 AM
    • Cost of bus or taxi from Volos to Alykes?

by evalyn871 Online Now Aug 26, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Hi there,
      I am going to be studying in Volos for two weeks in September and the accommodation is in Alykes. Does any one know how much the bus and taxi is from Volos to Alykes? I am trying to work out how much I will need to spend on transport to Volos and back each day.

Many thanks,

Evalyn

2 Answers Aug 28, 2007 at 9:32 AM
    • Train or bus to Volos? Help...

by GMaria Online Now Jul 30, 2007 at 6:17 PM

Hi,
      I'm a bit confused as to how to get to Volos, as I've never been to Greece before. I'm taking a ferry from Italy into Patras... my questions are:

1. Do I have to get to Athens first in order to get to Volos? I was planning on taking the train from Athens to Volos.

2. In the alternative, is there a bus from Patras to Volos?

3. Is there a direct train route from Athens to Volos? How long should I calculate for the ride?

THANK YOU SO MUCH for any information. Gracias!!

2 Answers Jul 31, 2007 at 10:03 AM
    • Flying into Volos

by Vardui Online Now Jul 28, 2007 at 3:46 PM

Hello,

Can someone please tell me what is the best way to get to Volos from Thessaloniki? I checked out the Aegean Airlines and didn't see Volos as one of the options for destination. Is there a plane or train going there?

Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Jul 28, 2007 at 5:24 PM
    • Hi there - On way to the Champions League final

by Mr.Johnson Online Now May 9, 2007 at 1:59 PM

staying in Volos on the 22 May, firstly due imcompetent EUFA we are short of tickets for the match. Can anyone help ? Secondly where is teh best place to eat & drink reasonably cheaply.

Thanks.

• rail connection

by gatripper Online Now Apr 22, 2007 at 11:03 PM

If we take the 10:51 train from Athens to Larissa that arrives in Volos at 14:28, will we have time to transfer to the local train to Volos that departs from Larissa at 14:43? Is 15 minutes enough to make the connection? Do the trains usually run on time?

Thank you.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2007 at 11:10 AM
    • Night Life Volos

by darcey2 Online Now Oct 23, 2006 at 12:13 PM

Hi my friends and i use to work in Volos,we are planning to return to Volos for a holiday,we were wondering if you had a listing of the nights clubs in Volos,or if you could recommend anywhere.

Thank you

Darcey

• Getting married in Pelion

by Blackace16 Online Now Mar 22, 2006 at 9:39 AM

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in or near Volos this summer and are looking for some advice. We are staying in Kala Nera and were wondering what is the best way to go about asking the Mayor of a nearby village or town to marry us? I have been sending emails to people with web sites like crazy, but no responses so far. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jamie

3 Answers Mar 23, 2006 at 9:18 AM
    • ivana302's Profile Photo

Volos in August

by ivana302 Online Now Jul 25, 2005 at 12:22 AM

I will be one or two days in Volos in the begenning of August.I am interested is there still city beach in Alykes and some recomendation for nice restaurant.
      Thanks in advance

Ivana

• any ideas??

by mm79 Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 9:10 AM

Hi there!
      I am going to work to Volos in August. Would like to ask:
      1. where to go, what is worth of seeing...
      2. want to spend couple of days in Thessaloniki. What about some cheap accomodation there??( student budget...:))
      Thanx a lot!
      Mascha

5 Answers Jun 20, 2008 at 6:34 AM
    • nickandchris's Profile Photo

Pangosmio car hire

by nickandchris Online Now Nov 26, 2004 at 12:25 PM

We will be flying to Volos airport in May 2005 and want to hire a car. We have had a very good response and a good price from Pangosmio car hire and wondered whether anyone knows of this company , are they a reliable/reputable firm? Waiting to hear from all you in the know, Chris

• nickandchris's Profile Photo

Supermarkets in and around Volos.

by nickandchris Online Now Nov 20, 2004 at 8:36 AM

We love Greece very much and have holdayed here for 26 years. May 2005 we are visiting the Pelion region, staying in Horton after collecting our hire car from Volos airport. As we will be self-catering we would be interested to know of any cheap supermarkets in the area. Is there a Lidl or anything similar? I do hope someone can help. The only problem now is waiting the 6 months until our holiday begins.

4 Answers Nov 25, 2004 at 9:36 AM
    • winter weather

by torrenog Online Now Aug 10, 2003 at 3:32 PM

hi all...can anyone please tell me what the winter weather is like in the Magnisia area of greece?. thank you....

2 Answers Aug 11, 2003 at 2:31 AM