Volos Travel Answers

change location

trip to volos

by ruthmarie73 Online Now Aug 1, 2011 at 8:42 AM

how much will a ticket cost to volos on the coach? return or on the train return? can u get a weekly return i.e going on 18th returning on 21st. my journey is from athens airport to volos and then back from volos to athens. Please help me plan this journey

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • mariha2912's Profile Photo

Re: trip to volos

by mariha2912 Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM

From Athens airport, you may take urban bus X93 to LIOSION BUS STATION B . Don't mix up with station A on Kifissou, you need the Liossion one!!!

From there, you need bus to Volos,served by Ktel Magnisias company. Here is link with timetable:

ktelvolou.gr/dromologia_ath_...

ΑΘΗΝΑ=ATHENS
    ΑΝΑΧΩΡΗΣΗ=DEPARTURE
    ΕΠΙΣΤΡΟΦΗ=RETURN
    ΚΑΘΗΜΕΡΙΝΩΝ=WEEKDAYS'
    ΣΑΒΒΑΤΟΥ=SATURDAY'S
    ΚΥΡΙΑΚΗΣ=SUNDAY'S

Trains may be better option, but I am not so familiar with those. From Athens airport you take metro till Syntagma (Blue Line -3) . Then you change on Line 2 (Red Line) direction to Agios Antonios. You disembark on Larrisis Station to reach the train station and get train to Volos. I think you have to take train till Larisa, then change on other train to get to Volos.
    Train shedules here:

tickets.trainose.gr/dromolog...

I can't help with costs, sorry!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mariha2912's Profile Photo

Re: trip to volos

by mariha2912 Online Now Aug 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Well, I forgot about VT not allowing Greek posted. Use google translation or something,and if it doesn't work, please feel free to PM me. On PMs Greek comes out fine.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines