Volos Travel Answers

change location

Bus journey durations and times, Patras-Volos

by zoe_smyth Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 6:12 AM

I understand that there are 4 buses daily that run between Patras and Volos; can anyone tell me what time they depart and arrive (in both directions)?
I am travelling to Skopelos via Italy next month (August) and have one day set aside to travel between the ports of Patras and Volos.
Also, if anyone can tell me how much the bus fare is that would be great, too. Any advice would be much appreciated, particularly as the sites I have found with this kind of information are in Greek only.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: Bus journey durations and times, Patras-Volos

by StefanosS Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 9:25 AM

According to the official website of KTEL of Volos (in Greek, recently updated) there is only one bus daily - except Saturday (no bus). From Volos to Patra, departure 15:00. From Patra to Volos, departure 15:30. Summer schedules valid until 8 September 2008. No mention of fare.

ktelvolou.gr/dromologia_lar_...

Patras Bus Station tel: 2610-623886, 2610-623887, 2610-623888

Volos Bus Station tel: 24210-33254, 24210-25527, 800-1135555

Another option is a bus from Patras to Lamia and another bus from Lamia to Volos (but I have no schedules available).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • StefanosS's Profile Photo

Re: Bus journey durations and times, Patras-Volos

by StefanosS Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 9:35 AM

One more option is Patras - Athens (about every hour, KTEL of Patras) and then Athens - Volos (12 buses daily, KTEL of Volos).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines