change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• abbasathar's Profile Photo

Hermitage and Catherine Palace

Saint Petersburg Sep 17, 2015 at 5:26 AM

I and my wife shall be in Saint Petersburg for two days on 22nd and 23rd Sept 2015.(i.e. next Tuesday and Wednesday). I understand we have no choice but to visit Hermitage on Tuesday and Catherine Palace on Wednesday. Please advice whether we should book online and travel or our own or take a conducted tour which appears pretty costly. We don't actually need a Guide as audio guides are sufficient and available in both places.We are unable to judge the crowd pressure in these two paces on these days and definitely do not want to miss this opportunity. Also I have only the 1pm on wards slot available on Tuesday for the Hermitage!

• student trip (nurses) to St. Petersburg

Saint Petersburg Sep 20, 2015 at 9:30 AM

We are a group around 50 Norwegian nursing students who wants to have a trip to St Petersburg next year. We are planning 6 nights there, with 3-4 days of studying. I therefore wonder if anyone know about relevant museums, organisations (within health/socialcare), suggestions for people who can teach us something relevant for nurses or for example about the RussianĀ“s health care system. Please give me contact information if you have or a link.

Nursing students

Lenin Mausoleum

Moscow Sep 13, 2015 at 8:21 AM

Is it Open on Sundays?

Red Square and Kremlin Area

Moscow Sep 11, 2015 at 7:12 PM

I am a little confused as to how to best utilize my time in the Red Square Kremlin area. I gather the must see places there are

1. St. Basil Church
      2. Lenin mausoleum
      3. Kremlin Armoury
      4. Diamond Fund
      5. Bell Tower
      6. Alexandria Garden
      7. State Historical Museum

Can all be covered in one day?. Any suggestions since it appears to be a pretty large area. Also tips on purchase of entry tickets.It shall be a weekend.

Best Currency

Moscow Sep 10, 2015 at 6:01 AM

Which currency is best to carry in Russia?
      Please mention areas where credit or debit cards may not be accepted. Also which is best place to exchange money?

• amjadsher's Profile Photo

A Pakistani Tourist

Kaliningrad Sep 30, 2015 at 3:21 AM

Hi all
      Hope you having good time
      I'm planning to visit Kaliningrad this November (2015) as Its the only time off for me from my office for a week. one of my colleagues adores kaliningrad a lot compelled me to visit. but I have few questions anyone here would answer?
      1) I'm an asian/Pakistani Brown skin guy, and honestly I ve been to many places around the world and found it bit weird to be in such place where people around you all are from a total different background stares you that annoy you and you do not enjoy your days off. so how's the local behavior towards brown skininned, single tourist on his own? (I'm really sorry if that sound offensive)
      I'm not a beach/club/pub/party kinda guy, rather trekking, landscapes, mountains, hiking alone, and discovering borders. So would it be easy to walk/trek alone in forests, mountains, fields, and wandering around the border area? having in mind that there are restricted areas for tourists. But I'd really love to visit and capture some snaps with the tri-point (lithuania-poland-and russia border.
      Thank you all in advance

Metro Rail

Moscow Sep 6, 2015 at 5:49 AM

I understand that most of the signs on Moscow Metro are in Russian. What is the best way to go around for a person who speaks and understand only English?

• AjayG's Profile Photo

Do I need to show 1 lakh Indian Rupees in my bank account for Russian Visa?

Russia Sep 5, 2015 at 9:34 PM

I am planning to go to Russia soon. I am an Indian and live in India. I visited Singapore last year for a month. My travel agency told me that I need to show 1 lakh Indian Rupees in my bank, do you think she is lying or telling the truth? I think she is lying.
      Please let me know, whosoever knows about it.

Near Volgograd

• Travel from Volgograd to Astrahkan by boat or ferry

by Katerhusky Online Now Jul 29, 2015 at 10:27 AM

hello friends,
      does anyone know if there is a ferry from volgograd to astrakhan on volga river?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 10:57 AM
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

by egrunzweig Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

3 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 9:02 AM
    • night life

by saadabouzeid Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 11:47 PM

where is the best cocktail bar for Saturday night

3 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 11:50 PM
    • Volgograd sightseeing other than battlefields

by jacquibarnett Online Now Feb 5, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I am going to St Petersberg, Russia in May with 3 other travelling companions. They all want to visit Stalingrad and do the battle field tours. However I don't . Is there something else I can see in volgograd whilst they do the Battle field tour?

2 Answers Feb 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    • Music- The hall of the Warrior

by markjv Online Now Dec 30, 2010 at 1:06 PM

What is the music playing at The Hall of the Warrior Glory?
      I thought it might be a Schuman coral piece.

1 Answer Dec 31, 2010 at 2:10 AM
    • Visiting Volgograd

by flando Online Now Jun 10, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Hi, will be visiting Volgograd in a few weeks. A few hints needed......

How to get to & from gthe airport; is there a bus?

Best places to eat - and avoid?

Bars & Nightlife??

Best & easiest places to change money. And on the subject of money - whats easiest to change. I have US Dollars & Euros....

1 Answer Apr 25, 2011 at 3:11 AM
    • Hotels

by Jimtiv Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 2:54 AM

How do I go about booking a hotel in Volgograd ??. Every hotel I try to book comes up unavailable regardless of which dates I choose !!. Any help would be greatly recived.
      Thanking you ..

2 Answers Apr 25, 2011 at 3:05 AM
    • ferry from volgograd to astrakhan

by tobia.desalvo Online Now Aug 12, 2007 at 9:34 AM

hello friends,
      does anyone know if there is a ferry from volgograd to astrakhan on volga river, with the possibility of travel with own car or motorcycle on the boat?

best regards

• thanks, some extra questions though

by nponpabga Online Now Jul 21, 2006 at 9:27 AM

I'd prefer not to fly, just to keep costs down. Domestic or intenational flights entirely within the CIS also may not be the safest. I flight to Moscow would be nice, but then I'd have to back track to Southern Russia, almost a 24 train trip. Baku seems like a good idea, but a visa is still necessary...

but this is a solid option, thanks for your time.

Any other means would be appreciated... boat on the black sea to Sochi?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2006 at 5:05 AM
    • georgia to russia ( info greatly appreciated)

by npanpabga Online Now Jul 20, 2006 at 1:55 PM

What is the best way to get to Russia from Georgia? it seems like it will be like jumping through hoops. From Tblisi to southern russia, particularly Volgograd or other hubs (e.g. krasnodar, Rostov-na-donu, astrakhan, I guess even Vladikavkas) is what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!

4 Answers Jul 31, 2006 at 6:13 AM
    • Travel Agency

by richardlipson Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 5:31 AM

can anyone recommend a good travel agency in Volgograd , prefereably one that takes credit cards!

Many thanks!

2 Answers May 28, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    • Travel Agency

by richardlipson Online Now Jul 17, 2006 at 5:22 AM

can anyone recommend a good travel agency in Volgograd , prefereably one that takes credit cards!

Many thanks!

• torcani's Profile Photo

i need some advices !

by torcani Online Now Jun 9, 2005 at 1:02 PM

hi everyone !
      My husband and me are planning to go to Volgograd for a specific reason : see my grandpa's best friend... before he is leaving that world. But i have huge problems: First I have never been there. + when I check on services of maps, roads with his address to locate where in Volgograd he is living... the search is always ending with certainly a map but the wrong name of the street. All of this to say that i am a bit scared to end up in a city I do not know... shall I trust a taxi driver that will for sure drive me to my grand dad's friends front door?... I don't speak russian... i don't really know where to ask for advices (to be sure to end up , from my hotel to the Russian buddy, safe !!)

1 Answer Jun 9, 2005 at 1:35 PM
    • bronco1776's Profile Photo

Femida Bar (Volgograd)

by bronco1776 Online Now Oct 2, 2004 at 7:29 AM

Has anyone ever been to this bar in Volgograd? Anyone know what kind of bar it is? I think there is one in Moscow also. It is named after the goddess of beauty.

1 Answer Oct 2, 2004 at 7:44 AM
    • King.Rodman's Profile Photo

Flower Shop

by King.Rodman Online Now Apr 25, 2004 at 7:42 AM

I would like to send flowers to my friend in Volgograd. Who can I contact to make arrangements?

1 Answer Jun 4, 2005 at 9:11 AM