Vlore Travel Answers

change location

Property In Albania

by And444 Online Now Apr 7, 2006 at 3:24 PM

Hi
I wonder how does it look like buying property in Albania. I think about buying my place in the sun, Albania seems to be a good place for me just wonder maybe some one knows how about legal side etc.. Are there any estate agency who can help find such a place. Thanks for any answer!
Andy

Quote & Answer
12 Answers
  • Rushi23's Profile Photo

RE: Property In Albania

by Rushi23 Online Now Apr 9, 2006 at 4:43 AM

We are looking at buying at the moment too. When we were in Albania in
    Feb, we spoke to a few builders who were developing properties. We were told to be careful of estate agents as a lot have recently gone bust taking peoples large deposits with them too. I don't know how true this is, but I think you are better finding properties by word of mouth or asking in towns and villages. My husbands uncle is an architect in Durres so he's sent a few property photos to us recently. good luck sorry that i cant help any other way!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: Property In Albania

by renhen8 Online Now Apr 10, 2006 at 9:32 AM

We have 5 properties in Tirana (4 for investment) and one property by the beach in Durres. We would like something in Sarande but research needs doing. Tirana will become a tourist city break destination soon, so it's worth investing, but for a holiday home, look for somewhere in Durres or sarande as i would say they are the next modern places. we have bought in a very quite beach area, that is supposed to be for diplomats, but we are waiting to build fully to see potential. this IMO can only be done if you have somebody over there that knows the areas and future plans. Good luck!

• RE: Property In Albania

by marsi2006 Online Now Apr 11, 2006 at 6:36 AM

Andy
    It is nice that you want to buy something in Albania, but you need to know that the legal side is not settled yet. You might end up buying something that God knows who the owner is. My advice, be careful and do you homework before you decide to buy something.

• mjbcoffee's Profile Photo

RE: Property In Albania

by mjbcoffee Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 8:34 AM

Our experience in trying to buy land in Albania taught us to be very careful and have patience, and a good, honest lawyer. I agree with Marsi2006. To find a piece of land that is legally owned is very difficult. Many people will say they are the legal owner, but in the end the place may be owned by 10 brothers all of whom you can not find. (Been there, done that!)
    We too would like to buy land here, but we are waiting on the money! I believe in Saranda you would make more on your investment as this is becoming a real tourist area for many foreigners and Albanians alike.
    Hope you find something!
    mjbcoffee

• RE: RE: Property In Albania

by KELLY06 Online Now May 21, 2006 at 5:37 AM

Hi

Yes, I'm interested in buying an old cottage near sea if anyone can help.

I'm from New Zealand and am looking to be in Europe, but don't want to pay silly prices.

Cheers

Jonathan

• RE: RE: Property In Albania

by KELLY06 Online Now May 21, 2006 at 5:38 AM

Hi

Yes, I'm interested in buying an old cottage near sea if anyone can help.

I'm from New Zealand and am looking to be in Europe, but don't want to pay silly prices.

Articles suggest that legal side of contracts is 'risky' at present.

Cheers for any serious help people can give.

Jonathan

email jonathanguykelly@yahoo.co.nz

• Re: Property In Albania

by ziber Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 12:24 PM

hi, I am albanian and live in the uk.
    There is not any estate agents in albania that i am aware of people sell propertys them self with a presents of a solicitor who does all the paper work.
    I have a flat for sale in Durres very close to the beach so if you are interested email me back or ring me on 07787798340 thank you.

by Derbymark Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Have you had a look at www.albaniazone.com as this has information about property in Albania.

by sdardha Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 5:21 AM

Visit www.AlbaniaPropertyGroup.com for more info. Albania Property Group is located in Tirana, the capital city of this beautiful country. We are a group of professionals whose main goal is to provide you with clear insight into the meaning of investment and purchasing property in Albania. We are a proven resource for property in Albania. Our expertise covers a wide real estate collection in ideal locations for living, retiring or investing in Albania. Our real estate inventory features a special assortment of: Albania Property, upscale residential homes for sale, condominiums, investment real estate, farms, mountain properties and vacation rentals.

by sdardha Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 5:22 AM

Visit www.AlbaniaPropertyGroup.com for more info. Albania Property Group is located in Tirana, the capital city of this beautiful country. We are a group of professionals whose main goal is to provide you with clear insight into the meaning of investment and purchasing property in Albania. We are a proven resource for property in Albania. Our expertise covers a wide real estate collection in ideal locations for living, retiring or investing in Albania. Our real estate inventory features a special assortment of: Albania Property, upscale residential homes for sale, condominiums, investment real estate, farms, mountain properties and vacation rentals.

by sdardha Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 5:23 AM

by LalzitBay Online Now Feb 17, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Hi Andy,
    Legal process for buying in Albania is relatively straight-forward. Get yourself an experienced solicitor who speaks your language and Albanian to help you with this! Take a look at http://www.bogalaw.com. They are seen as one of the best legal firms in Albania.
    We are a developer building Lalzit Bay Resort & Spa - a luxury beach resort north of Durres. Overseas buyers are much more confident in their purchase in a resort like this as all the units being sold have already been through a very thorough due diligence.
    Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions. You can see some more details on our website at www.lalzitbay.com

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines