Vlissingen Travel Answers

change location

oosternde to vlissingen

by sirmalco70 Online Now Jul 10, 2010 at 4:46 AM

Could any one help, please My husband and I will be in Oostende in September, we will have no transport. Is it easy to get to the foot ferry to get to Vlissingen ? how long does it take and approx how much. We have looked into going by train, but as we only want to be there for a day it takes a long while. Thanks for hopeful reply Lorraine

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Re: oosternde to vlissingen

by pieter_jan_v Online Now Jul 10, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Travel with the Kusttram (see http://www.delijn.be/dekusttram/) to Knokke (station). From there take the Veolia bus #14 to Breskens (Breskens, Veerhaven). From Breskens take the ferry (see: veolia-transport.nl/veolia-t... to Vlissingen. From the the ferry terminal it's 15 minutes walking or you can take the local bus.

Count on 3 hours travel time each way.

PJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: oosternde to vlissingen

by sirmalco70 Online Now Jul 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Dear P J Thanks a lot, thats a real help. I am sure we can do it and visit our friends who live in Vlissingen. Thanks again Lorraine

• fietslogies's Profile Photo

Re: oostende to vlissingen

by fietslogies Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM

If the weather is good and you're quite sporty, renting a bicycle in Oostende is an option. With the car free towpaths between Oostende, Brugge, Damme and Sluis, it's extremely safe and plesant and the ferry between Breskens and Vlissingen is ideal for cyclists.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines