Vlaardingen Travel Answers

change location
Onceuponastar's Profile Photo

Vlaardingen in the Winter?

by Onceuponastar Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 12:14 AM

I have some friends that live in Vlaardingen that my friend and I are hoping to visit and I was wondering what the city was like in the Winter. I know it's probably not the best time to travel in general, but does it snow lots or is it pretty mild around there? And is there much to do in the city itself? Don't know very much about the area at all, so i'm curious to find out anything I can. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

RE: Vlaardingen in the Winter?

by ATLC Online Now Oct 19, 2005 at 4:18 PM

With all respect, Vlaardingen is not much more than a satellite town for Rotterdam. It has a bit of local history but it's a far cry from real touristic interest.
    So Rotterdam is your place to be, or nearby Delft, The Hague etc. Check out the VT pages for those places.
    In between Vlaardingen and Delft you have the glass house industry (Westland), the Flower Auction at Naaldwijk is an attraction too.

You must visit the Storm Surge Barrier though at Hoek van Holland (www.keringhuis.nl) which is one of our most modern and spectacular deltaworks and explore the rural, fortified medieval towns of the island Voorne (take a ferry from Maassluis which is very near Vlaardingen). You'll also find special dune landscape (nature parks) and excellent beaches for a windy winter walk.

Snow is quite rare and usually shortlived in winter, especially in the coastal areas where you will visit.

Cheers.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines