Visoko Travel Answers

change location

camping

by dusan.usti Online Now May 18, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Hi, we would like to stay for a few days somewhere around Visoko - specially to see "pyramid of the sun" and Tunnel Ravne. Is there any camping site (for car and 3 tents), with water and toilet? Hotels are too expensive for us :-(

Thanks for any info :-)

Dusan, Czech Rep.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • augustiner's Profile Photo

Re: camping

by augustiner Online Now Jul 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Try this bhtourism.ba/Campsites2010.p.... You might want to visit the local tourist office or just ask locals. People there are turning their backyards into cafes, why not put up a couple of tents. Between the two of us - the area is lovely, just like the rest of Bosnia, but the pyramid is a joke.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zoraom's Profile Photo

by zoraom Online Now Apr 22, 2015 at 5:55 AM

I hope Dusan you have seen the pyramid of the Sun and Tunnels Ravne.. It is not joke, just all people doesn't think and see in the same way.. therefore is best to see yourself..as I did. i stayed in Hotel Dzale and I am very satisfied with price (15 Euro per person) and comfort and friendliness of staff and owner..
    http://www.hotel-dzale.com/

• Re: camping

by dusan.usti Online Now Apr 23, 2015 at 2:06 AM

Hi zoraom,
    yes, we have been on the hill and in the tunnels.. I am not quite sure about history of this place, the proofs are not evident enough to persuade me; lets hope that further excavation will tell us more ;-)
    In the afternoon we have found nice place to camp near the river, we even took a small bath there, but later we have seen some local people throwing garbage from wheelbarrow directly in the river :-( In the evening came one men (from house nearby) to sit down around fire with us - friendly, poor english, but we manage to talk a little :-)
    All around, beautiful place and friendly people, worth to visit...

1 member found this helpful

• zoraom's Profile Photo

by zoraom Online Now Apr 23, 2015 at 5:10 AM

Thank you Dusan, for reply, and about your impression from visit to Visoko (tunnels Ravne and hills). History which is known cannot tell nothing about unknown times, 25.000 back.(it is found some example of organic material on hill called Pyramid of the Sun , in 2012, and carbon dating proved it more then 24.ooo zears old.. this means that construction where it is found must be even older..We cannot see all this just with visiting place now
    and yes , people are not aware what means to have a clean water and they don't care much, unfortunately..it is problem everywhere on our planet..
    nice that you got anyway good impression and place for camping..:)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines