Visby Travel Answers

change location
mirlox's Profile Photo

night life in visby

by mirlox Online Now May 30, 2006 at 3:59 PM

hello my friends,I am javi from Spain and I am going to visit Visby with some friends in July,I would like you to give some information of the city...
I was told that the coast was fantastic and full of people in summer time,is it true?I also would like to know something about night life and about the kind of people that usually go to the island in summer,are they young?we are 22years old,will I find party?
Thnk you very much

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: night life in visby

by Sjalen Online Now May 31, 2006 at 3:43 AM

Yes, you will definately find party in Visby. In summer, it is one of the party centres of Sweden. The entire Stockholm seems to land there (hence prices rocket for accommodation etc. and book in advance!). Don't miss the scenic coast and the history of this UNESCO world heritage either because you party too much :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: RE: night life in visby

by Sjalen Online Now May 31, 2006 at 8:07 AM

By the way this is THE nightclub there with three floors full of dance floors etc. and an outdoor stage by the sea. The site is only in Swedish but you get the idea:

http://www.xn--snck-moa.nu/

• mirlox's Profile Photo

by mirlox Online Now May 31, 2006 at 3:04 PM

thank you very much for all!i have another question...is visby the best place in Gotland?i have heard also about tofta,we are also looking for good beaches,no only rocks!!the best option to move is to rent an old an cheap car isn´t it?
    thanks again

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: night life in visby

by Sjalen Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 12:41 AM

If you don't intend to drink a lot when partying, yes driving is certainly the best way if you are short of time - otherwise nothing beats cycling on Gotland!

I've only heard of Tofta, not been there, but check VT's Visby and Gotland pages to find people who have (like VT member el sueco).

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

by Sjalen Online Now Jun 1, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Btw car rental is quite expensive in Sweden...

• Re: night life in visby

by Sofiabuh Online Now Oct 31, 2010 at 5:20 AM

Visby is the only City on Gotland and is the only place that really has any party. Tofta is also popular but there really isn't anything there, just a village and a huge camping area. I think you would like Visby better.

• Achilleas's Profile Photo

Re: night life in visby

by Achilleas Online Now Jan 10, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Here is a good guide to Visby from a local: youplanet.com/hotspots/swede...!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines