Vis

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Zagreb- Plitvice-Sarajevo

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Aug 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

I will catch early bus from zagreb to plitvice.In the evening I will go to Sarajevo(via Bihac).I need the details about these bus..anyone knows?

more
    • Travelling fro Split Airport to Murter

Dalmatia - Split Region Aug 19, 2014 at 1:26 PM

We are landing in Split on Thursday at 1400. We are keen to get to Murter as soon as possible. Can anyone help with Bus times directions etc? Would really appreciate some up to date info from an expert!

more
    • nightlife in mlini

Mlini Aug 11, 2014 at 8:33 AM

Is there any nightlife in mlini? if not, which close by town would be best to visit

more
    • Cavtat to lopud

Cavtat Aug 7, 2014 at 2:54 PM

We travel from Cavtat to Lopud (Monday August 11, 2014). If we get boat to Old Town in Dubrovnik how do we get to the ferry terminal to catch ferry to Lopud. Is there a direct bus from Lopud to Dubrovnik ferry terminal?

more
    • swimming in supetar the

Supetar Aug 2, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I like swimming of rocks, can anyone suggest a location near Supetar.

more
    • where is the fruit and fish market in supetar

Supetar Aug 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM

Where is the fruit and fish market

more
    • family day out

Hvar Jul 26, 2014 at 12:44 PM

We want to show the kids something other than beaches. Is there somewhere on Hvar which shows how lavender is farmed or cheese is produced? Something along those lines. A nice educational excursion is what we are looking for.

more
    • AlexandraG4's Profile Photo

Arrival in Dugi Otok

Dugi Otok Yesterday

Hi everyone,
      I was wondering... On September 10th me and my boyfriend arrive in Split Airport. We would then like to take the bus to Zadar and from there take the boat to Dugi Otok. We will do a low budget trip so we are to camp (probably in Camp Kargita in the very north of Dugi Otok). But then, since the camping is far away from everything, we would like to rent bikes nearby. Is this possible? Where should we take the boat to to make the possible? We will have a lot of luggage since we're camping so riding from Sali to the camping on a bike is not an option. Can someone help me?
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • Zagreb & Getting to National parks

Croatia Aug 19, 2014 at 10:20 PM

We want to go to Croatia next week, and to do so we must fly into Zagreb (we are affiliated with Airfrance and they only fly to Zagreb). We want to spend a few days in Croatia then fly to Italy (Naples). However, the main attraction for us in Croatia is the beautiful coastal waters and the waterfalls, etc at national parks. What would be a recommended itinerary for us? We're young and don't mind high activity and lots of traveling, but obviously want time to enjoy. We just need to end up at a city with an airport (we were thinking Dubrovnik)...

more
    • Levrnaka camping!

Dalmatia - Split Region Aug 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM

We are a family of 4 going Island hopping. First stop Murter then hoping to sail to Levrnaka. Apparently there is a camping site there run by the owners of the restaurant. Does anyone have any experience of this? We have been told the best boat to get there is Barbarinac?

more
    • Transportation

Dubrovnik Aug 18, 2014 at 6:42 AM

We will arrive to Dubrovnik airport then we have a reservation at an hotel called Lafodia... The transfer via the hotel is very expensive... Any idea about the best cheapest way to go from the airport to Lafodia hotel ??

more
    • Clubbing in croatia

Zadar Aug 13, 2014 at 8:53 AM

What is the best place in Croatia to go for clubbing and fun?

more
    • KendallF's Profile Photo

Croatia by Sailboat

Croatia Aug 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM

A friend of mine are touring Croatia by Sailboat and get to spend the days/nights on the islands. Vis, Korkula, HVAR, Stari Grad, Bobovisca, Split and Dubrovnik.

Would love input on great things to do--hikes, walking tours, beaches, motor bike rentals, restaurants, bars, nights clubs, etc.

thanks 3

more
    • Ferry to Mljet from Cavtat

Cavtat Aug 9, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Hello there. is there any ferry to get to Mljet from Cavtat? if yes, what is the schedule/price? thanks

more
    • Nightlife around Istria

Rovinj Aug 8, 2014 at 2:45 PM

I am travelling to Rovinj Istria to go to a festival. We are going over a few days before the festival starts so we are looking for a town/city that would accomadate a group of young people in their 20's that want to go out in a place full of nightclubs and good bars. We are willing to go anywhere around the Istria region travelling should not be a problem.

more
    • Rijeka Airport to Krk Town

Krk Aug 8, 2014 at 11:28 AM

What is the best way to get from Rijeka Airport to Krk Town? Are there frequent buses that do not require booking? There seems to be limited information online - I can just find that Taxis are very expensive...

Thanks in advance for any help!

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Ferries from Ancona to Split

Croatia Aug 6, 2014 at 2:27 AM

We're planning to visit both Italy and Croatia, and it's getting complicated by the timetables, possible delay of arrival flight, and less ferries back in October. We're going to reserve a ferry (with cabin) from Ancona to Split and back, and I have the timetables of Blue Lines and Jadrolinija.

I looked at the Tripadvisor posts, and one company had some "terrible" comments, the other had no bad opinions. I wonder if this has some basis to prefer the company without complaints.

I already discovered that the prices of J. were double than B, but then B. adds the taxes at the end of the reservation and this brings us to the same price.

more
    • Buying a micro SIM in Croatia with some data included?

Croatia Jul 29, 2014 at 10:32 AM

I currently live in the UK and I am popping to Croatia for 3 days next month and I would like to be able to use a bit of Google Maps, check-in to places on Facebook etc.

I guess I'd need 500 MB. Any more would be a bonus.

Ideally, I wouldn't want to pay more than £15/145 Croatian kuna.

Any ideas?

more
    • Best way to travel?

Pula Jul 25, 2014 at 3:14 AM

I am going to Croatia in September for Outlook festival but I am coming a few days early as the flight is cheaper and we wanted to look around a bit first. We are flying into Rijeka airport as the flights are cheaper which I believe is on the island of krk on the 31st of aug. We wanted to either stay on the island for the night and the next day travel to the island of Pag and then back to Pula by evening of the 2nd of aug.

Do you think its worth even staying in Rijeka at all or going straight to Pag? Also what is the quickest/cheapest option to get from Rijeka to Pula? I hear there is a bus but does anyone know long it takes/how much it is?

more
    • boasnovas's Profile Photo

Truffle hunting

Croatia Jul 23, 2014 at 8:01 AM

Where is the best place for truffle hunting in Croatia? Do we need to make reservation for the end of september?
      Tks

more
    • Phone stores in Rovinj

Rovinj Aug 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM

I'm visiting Croatia next month and Rovinj is my first stop. Is there a shop in town where I can purchase a SIM card for my iPhone? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

more
    • Are there buses/trains/coaches to a nice beach from Zagreb?

Zagreb Jul 29, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I was told Croatia has some amazing beaches to visit in the summer so I booked some flights to the capital before even really looking to see how far it was from the coast. Turns out Zagreb is very inland :P

I will arrive at Zagreb at 4:35pm on a Friday afternoon and depart from Zagreb at 2:40pm on the following Monday, so I have a few days to spare. I also haven't booked any hostels yet, which also helps.

So, are there any buses/trains/coaches from Zagreb to a nice beach? Preferably, the beach would be next to a city or busy other location so I can do some sightseeing :)

Cheers, guys and gals!

more
    • Zadar to Stinica for Ferry to Rab?

Croatia Jul 25, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Hi All,

I am flying into Zadar on 05 August at 13:00 and need to somehow get to Stinica for the ferry to Rab but I can not seem to find any information on how to do this?

Landing at 13:00 means we will have missed the Novalja ferry that morning so that is out.

From my understanding, we can get the Zadar - Rijeka bus and get off somewhere on the main road to head for Stinica?

If this is true, does anyone know how long it takes to get from Zadar to this point what the stop to get off at is called? And also, what options are there for getting from this point down to the ferry at Stinica?

Any suggestions on this route, or any other route you may have for getting to Rab from Zadar, would be so very much appreciated !!

Many thanks,
      Paddy.

more
    • Airport transportation

Rijeka Jul 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM

I am getting a flight into Rijeka and want to travel on to the island of Pag. What is the quickest and cheapest way of getting there. Taxis are coming up as really expenisve. Are there any buses or trains?
      I also arrive on a sunday (31st of aug)

Thanks for your help! :)

more
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

good seafood restraunrant in dubrovnik

Dubrovnik Aug 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Is there a restaurant you can reccomend for a good seafood sdinner that would not be too expensive? We are staying at the Lacroma hotel , down closer to the water. thanks maggiefoss

more
    • Vis car hire

by strooth Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 10:51 PM

where do you hire cars from in Vis? is there only one hire company?

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:42 PM
    • Dubrovnik vs Vis Weather

by buckrodgers Online Now Sep 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I see that the weather in Vis for the next 1-2 weeks will be a max during the day of around 22 degrees and sunny:

yr.no/place/Croatia/Split-Da...

Is that warm enough for the beach and swimming, or too cold to actually go into the water?

What is the water temperature like right now?

Thank you.

3 Answers Oct 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
    • Holiday help

by KatherineAnne83 Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Hi,
      We are staying in Brela until the 28th of July then wish to spend 28th till the 2nd in vis. Where is the nicest place to go in this 'peak time' and what is the transport like?
      Unless anyone knows a better destination among the islands of vis, hvar and brac?
      Many thanks,
      Katherine

1 Answer Mar 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM
    • Where to stay, and where to go from Vis on way to Dubrovnik

by sueshearer Online Now May 20, 2011 at 7:46 AM

Hello.

We are arriving in Spilt on 2nd June for three days and plan to travel to Vis on Sunday 5th.

I would welcome any suggestions as to a nice quiet place to stay, with a beach, and some small bars, restaurants and shops.

After four or five days on Vis we need to head down the coast towards Dubrovnik, and would like to have recommendations as to where to go.

We have in mind Korcula, Orebic or Mjlet. Which would anybody suggest. Our budget is not too bad, but not a great amount!

We need to be in Dubrovnik by 12th/13th June, really.

Also is there anywhere just up the coast from Dubrovnik that would fit above description, but allow us to get bus/boat to the town for sight seeing.

Read more: World Travel Forum

3 Answers May 24, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    • Ferry from Split

by TimPage Online Now Aug 4, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Will the Split to Vis ferry and catamaran run on 15th August? I understand that this is a bank holiday

2 Answers Aug 10, 2008 at 2:39 AM
    • kia81's Profile Photo

Rent a car in vis

by kia81 Online Now Aug 1, 2008 at 3:06 AM

Hello everybody!
      I would like to know if on Vis island there is any Rent-a-Car because each time I went there I had my car with me. A friend of mine will go to Vis without car and asked me if there is the possibility to rent one, but I didn’t know how to reply.

I can remember that in Vis town the travel agency rent scooters and bikes, but I don’t remember cars.

Thanks in advance! Chiara

• Ferry connections from Vis

by Peik Online Now Jun 26, 2005 at 1:05 PM

Is there any other ferry connections from Vis, than the one between Vis and Split, this summer, 2005? We are going to Vis from Split and would like to continue to some other island in the region.

3 Answers Jun 29, 2005 at 6:51 AM
    • jbel2879's Profile Photo

Where to stay cheap in VIs

by jbel2879 Online Now Jul 21, 2004 at 12:39 PM

Hi all - Boyfriend and I will be in Vis from August 21-25. Don't want to spend more than 35/40 euros together per night (i.e. no more than 20euros pp/per night). I'm kind of picky about cleanliness. My questions are - should we book ahead of time or just go there and get offers at the port like everyone has described - and second, if we should book ahead, any tips? Thanks in advance for any tips!! Julie

1 Answer Jul 21, 2004 at 5:25 PM
    • asafuncke's Profile Photo

Accomodation Hvar and Vis

by asafuncke Online Now Jul 9, 2003 at 7:43 AM

Travelling to Hvar and Vis next week, have no accomodation booked - do you think there will be a problem? Any recommendations?

3 Answers May 22, 2005 at 9:11 PM