Vis Travel Answers

change location

Holiday help

by KatherineAnne83 Online Now Mar 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Hi,
We are staying in Brela until the 28th of July then wish to spend 28th till the 2nd in vis. Where is the nicest place to go in this 'peak time' and what is the transport like?
Unless anyone knows a better destination among the islands of vis, hvar and brac?
Many thanks,
Katherine

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • northeast80's Profile Photo

Re: Holiday help

by northeast80 Online Now Mar 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I stayed on Vis, we got a ferry from Split which we'd booked the day before.
    I loved the island, we get there and went to the tourist information office right by the ferry terminal and they found us a sobe (an apartment with a mini kitchen and bathroom). We looked at a Roman ruin which was being dug up, hired some bikes and cycled about, found the German U-boat station and a British Napoleanic War army base, some beautiful bays to swim in, got breakfast from a local supermarket and at dinner at an amazing fish restaurant. If you do go make sure you bring shoes to swim in; there are a lot of sea urchins.
    I went a bit later in the season, September I think, it was busy but we never had a problem finding accommodation wherever we went.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines