Virginia Travel Answers

change location

Blue Ridge Parkway

by missdaniellemv Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM

Hi! I am road tripping to Tennessee yet again, I take 81S the whole way and usually drive straight through about 16hrs. I am looking to take it a little easier this time and have always dreamed of traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway. I am looking to spend about a day on the

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

by xymmot Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM

WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM, AND what part of Tenn are you going to. What is your objective, sightseeing, birdwatching?

cheers tommy x, a virgin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • by missdaniellemv Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Sorry I accidentally only posted a fragment of my question. I am coming from CT. I'm looking to spend about a day on the blue ridge parkway and find accommodations for overnight. I am aiming for the Nashville region of TN but am open to traveling on the end of the parkway to get to Gatlinburg as I'm familiar with the area and then travel west. I want to make many stops on the parkway for exploring and viewing scenery. I am looking for any suggestions on what might be the most efficient way for me to travel the parkway. Start and end points, whether it be in Virginia or N. Carolina or bits of both, I am open to switching between driving on the parkway and 81S. Any recommendations on places I should not miss, places to eat, and places to stay would all be helpful. Thanks so much!

• gwened's Profile Photo

Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

by gwened Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I have not been by the area in years but you should plan your trip with a route planner like
    www.mapquest.com

hope it helps

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines