Viña del Mar Travel Answers

change location

Hotels in Vina

by suepat Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 7:01 PM

Our family will be travelling to Vina Del Mar late december 2006 prior to boarding a cruise. We had hoped to stay at the Sheraton Miramar - but it is fully booked. Can anyone suggest an alternative of similar quality? Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Hotels in Vina

by jgladej Online Now Sep 10, 2006 at 7:27 AM

I served a mission down there and got to know the area very well. I also will be down there in December and I am staying at the Hotel Del Mar. It is the closest hotel you will get to a five star next to the Sheraton. Hotel O'Higgins that the other guy mentioned is the most historic and one of the oldest but it is not as nice and is definitely not a five star. O'Higgins is a lot cheaper though compared to the Sheraton and Hotel Del Mar respectively.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Chechi's Profile Photo

RE: Hotels in Vina

by Chechi Online Now Sep 24, 2006 at 5:28 PM

The best places to stay of course are Hotel del Mar and Sheraton, after those, I think Hotel San Martin is a good option, is renewd and very well located, I recomend you to take reservations as soon as possible becuase December is high season and you may not found spaces. If you are thinking in New Years eve there, I am sure there are no rooms available in these hotels, if you need help let me know.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines