Viña del Mar Travel Answers

change location

Vina del Mar - Advise

by todiver Online Now Nov 11, 2004 at 5:10 PM

Hello, Is Vina del mar still a busy place with tourists in April (3-9)? I'm travelling back from Antarctica with a friend and we would like a beach, some bars and good food, is this the place for us? What will the temperature be in April?

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Maillekeul's Profile Photo

Re: Vina del Mar - Advise

by Maillekeul Online Now Nov 12, 2004 at 6:55 AM

You'd better directly ask to VT member Iguana, who is living there...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • IIGUANA's Profile Photo

Re: Vina del Mar - Advise

by IIGUANA Online Now Nov 24, 2004 at 7:32 AM

Hey, I'm not currently living in Vina del Mar, but I've lived all my life there. It's close to Santiago, so I visit my parents quite often. As for Vina in April, don't worry, it won't be crowded, unless it's Easter. Vina will be crowded until the last week of February. Classes start the first week of March and the tourists dissappear by April. Then Easter for a crowded city, and then you've got a peaceful (sometimes even boring) city for the next months. The weather in April starts to change. You might get some sunny days and some cloudy ones as well. You might even go to the beach, but it won't be as warm as the summer. Maybe 18 degrees celcius. Consider that Vina is not tropical at all, and during the summer temperatures go up to 27 or 28 degrees. Sometimes 30, but that's something out of the ordinary. So, if you're coming in April, bring your swimsuit and some warm clothes, as you'll never know. Cheers, Jorge

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines