change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Does anyone know about Kovno?

Lithuania 20 hours ago

I have a friend whose family was from Birzia, Kovno, Lithuania around 1890. They lived in the Estates of Ostrov.. Astravas. I'd love to find info/photos of this place. Maybe info about borders moving as well.
      (just an avid genealogical researcher)

more
    • Accommodation

Paberze Yesterday

Are there any places to stay in Paberze or Giedraiciai along route 172 for cyclist passing through?
      Ar yra kokių nors vietų apsistoti Paberžės ar Giedraičių maršrute 172 už dviratininkas kerta?

Steve and Kathy
      Thompson, Manitoba, Canada

more

Popular Vilniaus Apskritis Travel Answer Locations

• On-line shopping

Vilnius Feb 26, 2014 at 4:25 AM

I want to shop on-line in Maxima for groceries, for delivery to Spain. How can I become a 'customer'?

3 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 10:06 AM
    • Safety Hotel in Vilnius

Vilnius Feb 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I will be in Vilnius on the 1st week of march, i booked the Comfort Hotel LT at Mindaugo g. 27, Naujamiestis, LT-03212 Vilnius.

I would like to know if is a safe zone or is better so change the hotel to city old part.

Appreciate any safety tip

4 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • AndreasS10's Profile Photo

Rentacar Vilnius

Vilnius Oct 31, 2013 at 5:35 AM

I need a rentacar company in Vilnius that allows me to bring the car to Belarus.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2014 at 3:58 AM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

train Vilnius-Minsk

Vilnius Oct 21, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Hi
      Are there new trains (manufactured by PESA) in line now? We plan to travel to Minsk, and probably we can go via Vilnius. I would like to travel only by new train (rail car) between Vilnius and Minsk. What is the cost of ticket and timetable? Many thanks!!

4 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 10:50 PM
    • Currency Conversion Vilnius

Vilnius Sep 30, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I am visiting Vilnius during Oct 13th. Which is the best place to convert the USD to LTL ? Can we also get a good deal from converting USD to EURO ? Is is worthwhile to covert it at the airport ?.

Please reply.
      Regards
      Kumar

4 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    • Black Male Solo Traveller

Vilnius Sep 21, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm a black guy from UK, originally from West Africa, and will be travelling to Lithuania in a few weeks time. I'm just curious if Lithuania has problems with people of African decent and if I may experience any form of racism.

I think I can handle the stares, but I'm afraid of being attacked.

I'm heading to Vilnius

I'm a little worried and wanted to know anyone's experience of visiting or living there

Many Thanks

3 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • 11dana's Profile Photo

accomodation

Vilnius Aug 7, 2013 at 5:48 AM

youth hostel in Vilnius

6 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 6:20 AM
    • Vist for Business cum pleasure

Vilnius Jul 26, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I, an Indian intend to visit Vilnius during Oct'13 and attend the Baltic Food and beverage fair. Will need assistance ( advice) like means of transportation like taxi/bus to cover Vilnius to discover and meet some business establishments/factories and then also to visit Kaunas & Klapeida. Please advice on the best means of transport fro Vilnius to Kaunas & Klapeida , what type of warm wear since it will be winter time .Also whether it will be safe for me to travel alone. Will a week be sufficient for this travel? And how is the reception for Asians like us ?.

8 Answers Aug 7, 2013 at 12:13 AM
    • Two Dutch students on a partytrip to Vilnius

Vilnius Jun 19, 2013 at 7:19 AM

Hi everybody, we're two Dutch students(both 19 years of age) from the Rotterdam University planning a trip to Vilnius in the second week of August 2013. Our plan is to fly from Eindhoven Airport(Netherlands) to Vilnius Airport and we would like to stay around 9 or 10 nights in hostels. Hope you can help us with the next things:

I will try to get my mate with me to the KGB-museum, Church of St Peter and Paul and the televisiontower. ;)

- Senamiestis is "The Old Town" right? Are most clubs and pubs located there or elsewhere?
      - Should we go on a trip to Riga? Tallinn is pretty far or is it worth the effort? Maybe Minsk?
      - How is the level of English speaking in Vilnius? Will the staff at restaurants or supermarkets understand you when you speak English?
      - How is the atmosphere in hostels?
      - How to travel in Vilnius? Can you walk the distances and what is the price level of cabs?
      - Best clubs in town?(Heard about Salento Disco Pub)
      - Any tips for us what to visit by day?

Thanks in advance
      We're really looking forward to your answers

8 Answers Nov 10, 2013 at 7:02 AM
    • Antfra's Profile Photo

Baltic states!

Vilnius Jun 13, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Hi, i would like to know, if it`s easier to travel from vilnius to Riga and Tallin or even to Belarus or Kalinnegrad?
      Train or bus, what is the best? Are those countries expensive? Europa City Hotel in Vilnius IS IT GOOD???
      I will stay just for 5 days in July!
      Thanks!!!;) From Lisbon, PORTUGAL !

10 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    • Dender's Profile Photo

The easiest way to the airport

Vilnius Mar 13, 2013 at 5:39 AM

i will be in Vilnius just for a day.is there a luggage storage somewhere in town and what to see in 1day?

5 Answers Mar 14, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    • TraceyA9's Profile Photo

Train from Vilnius to Minsk - what are they like?

Vilnius Mar 9, 2013 at 9:32 PM

We'll be in Vilnius mid June. Has anyone taken the train from Vilnius to Minsk? What are they like? On time? Safe? What are the border regulations like? I've heard one can hire a sleeper compartment as well for an additional price. Is this correct, and has anyone had any experience they'd like to share?

4 Answers Jul 15, 2013 at 6:27 AM
    • Best time to visit

Vilnius Mar 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM

What is the best time to visit, between June and September, in terms of concerts and street markets?

5 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 3:42 AM
    • BonBon2013's Profile Photo

Which apartment?

Vilnius Jan 11, 2013 at 6:26 AM

Hi, I am trying to decide which apartment to choose for my upcoming trip to Vilnius. The choices are between Didžioji gatvė 8, S.Skapo g. 8-17 and Sv.Mikalojaus g. 5. Which of these adresses is best for visiting the sights of the old town? Are they quiet or noisy? Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM
    • Wheelchair rental

Vilnius Jan 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Does anyone know whether it is possible to rent a wheelchair in Vilnius? We are visiting in March 2013 doe 4 days

4 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM
    • train time table from Vilnius to Klaipeda

Vilnius Sep 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I want to visit Klaipeda. But I arrive at Vilnius first. Anyone may tell me the train time table from Vilnius to Klaipeda? How about bus trip? Is it better?
      If I want rent a car, is it convienent in Vilnius?
      So many questions!

4 Answers Mar 8, 2013 at 3:47 AM
    • OnaR5's Profile Photo

Rent a car in Vilnius?

Vilnius Sep 14, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Hi, I am coming to Vilnius airport 09.29, I will make a road trip in Lithuania, Latvia and maybe Estonia. Any good experience? I need a good quality car, I wish to enjoy may trip and don't have any problems with the car.

2 Answers Oct 4, 2012 at 5:16 AM
    • suvanki's Profile Photo

On-line Boarding cards wanting to print off in Vilnius

Vilnius Sep 13, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Hi! Flying Doncaster to Vilnius return.
      Printed off boarding cards for outward journey, No problem, but for return journey, only allowed to print off 7 days prior to departure. (other airlines that I use regularly offer 15 day prior to departure service) so has never been a problem.
      We fly out on Saturday, and return 7 days later, but don't have access to a printer, so will have to do this in Vilnius. ( I usually (sneakily) do this at work!
      Stopping at Hotel Conti - will reception staff be able to print off boarding cards - if so, is there a charge, or is it usual to offer a tip? Or are there Internet cafes with printer service?
      If so, can anyone tell me which ones.
      Sorry, this is new to me, usually got all sorted before I depart, and not been to Lithuania before.
      Don't want to have to pay hefty charges at airport for not having boarding card printed off for return journey, or stressing out trying to find where we can print off boarding card.
      The other alternative is going into work on Saturday to do this as a last minute thing, which I prefer not to do ;-)
      Any help appreciated!

15 Answers Sep 30, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    • antique hunter

Vilnius Mar 17, 2012 at 3:51 AM

hi guys,I am coming over to vilniusfrom Scotland for the first time in May, I love markets to find coins/medals etc. Anyone know of good places to go? anyone fancy a beer or two? thanks in advance scotlandbear

7 Answers Sep 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM
    • i want to know gay clubs there

Vilnius Feb 23, 2012 at 7:40 PM

hi, friends, and we plan to take a trip there, and i'd like to visit gayclubs there, but i find nothing while i surf the internet, would you like to tell me some gay clubs and their contact phone number and address? thank u

1 Answer Feb 24, 2012 at 3:27 AM
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

mystery building in Vilnius

Vilnius Oct 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Can anyone identify the building in my photo album, Vilnius, entitled mystery building? Thanks.

15 Answers Oct 14, 2011 at 3:17 AM
    • Vilnius in christmas time?

Vilnius Sep 14, 2011 at 5:04 AM

Planning to visit Vilnius around 22-27.12 this year and asking following
      - Will the town be sound asleep during christmas time or are there places (museums, clubs, food stores etc) that are still open and running normally?
      - What happens with public transportations then?
      - What will be the most quiet day, 24th, 25th or 26th?

Also, tips about alternative/ug-scene in Vilnius are more than wellcome ;)

5 Answers Sep 14, 2011 at 11:41 PM
    • Kevin_Miller's Profile Photo

Thursday Nights in Vilnius

Vilnius Sep 7, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Hi world, thinking about having a few days in Vilnius from Thursday to Saturday. Are Thursday's fairly lively? Also is it a safe place for a black man to be? I've read stories of trouble against black people but nothing recent.

Thanks

Kevin

4 Answers Sep 10, 2011 at 12:28 AM
    • Greatlookinguy's Profile Photo

Any Vilnius locals here who would like to meet up?

Vilniaus Apskritis Aug 16, 2011 at 6:35 AM

Heylo people!

This month end three friends from the UK are coming over for a short and sweet holiday to Vilnius. We are planning to take in a lot of sights.. from Trakai and it's beautiful Castle to an underground Soviet Bunker where they treat you like you are an old world Soviet citizen! ..with KGB interrogation and all. Should be fun :-)

We are also planning to visit the KGB genocide museum, the revolving restaurant on the TV tower, another tower on a hill whose name I forget that starts with G, eat lots of potato dishes (especially one that starts with C and is your national food) and drink your famous cold Beetroot soup(I like doing my research :-) ), maybe see a corn maze that I came across on the internet near Trakai somewhere.. woah! LOTS of things to see and do in three days.

HOWEVER, this post is not about all that. This is about another very important thing that I LOVE doing when I visit a new country and a new culture. And that is to meet local people, do the "non touristy" thing, travel on public transport, go to that little pub or restaurant that only a true local would know somewhere in a corner of the city, maybe learn to cook Lithuanian food in our apartment (we are staying in an apartment in the old town).. that kind of thing.

So if you (yes YOU!!) are living in Vilnius and will be there from 26th August to 29th August, say hi and write to me so we can get together and become friends!

TC,

K

15 Answers Aug 28, 2011 at 8:05 AM
    • ValeryCollins's Profile Photo

hotels and things to do in Vilnius

Vilnius Aug 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I am going to spend a week in Vilnius in October and I am currently considering the hotel Domus Maria Guest House as my base. Has anyone stayed there? Would you recommend it?
      Also, any thoughts on things to do in Vilnius and the surrounding area?

3 Answers Aug 26, 2011 at 12:30 AM
    • Oslojuhuu's Profile Photo

Gay life

Vilnius Aug 3, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Hi

How is the gay life in Vilnius?
      I found 2 bars/clubs in a web site but doesnt know if they still are in business. Is it safe to visit gay bars in Lithuania?

1 Answer Aug 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM
    • Greatlookinguy's Profile Photo

Apartments versus Hotels in Vilnius.. which is more fun?

Vilnius Jun 30, 2011 at 4:04 AM

Hi All,

Two of my friends and I are planning to travel to Vilnius for a long weekend during end of August, and when looking around for accommodation we came across this site:

www.myvilniusapartments.com

My question is,.. are such apartments safe? Has anyone had any bad experiences of having paid online and then when you arrive there is no one there or things are delayed and/or not as promised?

Would we be better off in a hotel, seeing as things are quite cheap anyways?

We are three boys and the idea is to enjoy the culture by day and party by night. We thought with an apartment, if we made some local friends, we could bring them back to the apartment and have some house parties...

Was told on another forum that most of these apartments, if not all of them, are normal, regular apartments with full time "regular" residents who may not take kindly to a lads weekend of party in the neighbouring flat.

Anyone know of "holiday" specific self serviced apartments? ,..or at least a block where quite a lot of the apartments are for holidaymakers and short term lets?

...barring that, looks like a hotel is the best bet.

Thanks in advance! :-)

K

5 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 6:21 AM
    • Badre's Profile Photo

vilinius airport // help with public transporattion.

Vilnius Jun 21, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Hi everybody,

i will spend few dyas vacation in vilnius starting at July 29. I will be coming from barcelonna with airbaltic around 8 PM. I rent a flat in Trakų 4-11 and i want to know what public transportation to take from the airport to the flat.

Very urgent.

Badre

7 Answers Jun 22, 2011 at 10:50 PM
    • Badre's Profile Photo

Trip Lithuania/Latvia/Estonia

Vilnius Jun 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Hello there,

i m planning a trip to lithuania/latvia and estonia starting from June 29 to July 18, i will definitly spend 3 nights in each of these countries capitals + some other cities (kaunas,jurmala....).

I have two questions :

1- Transortation : what is the cheapest way to get from Kaunas to Riga then riga to tallin? every bit of detail is welcome?
      2- Accomodatio : is there anybody over here who is willing to rent a room/studio at a reasonable price (i'm on a budge and internet offers are much expensive for me).

Choukrna
      Badre

6 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM
    • CatNearly40's Profile Photo

Healthy food options in Vilnius!

Vilnius Jun 8, 2011 at 4:27 AM

Hi,
      I'm about to spend a few days on my own in Vilnius and am on a diet... Can you recommend restaurants with healthy options or a good salad bar? I'll be staying in the city centre. Thanks!
      Catherine

6 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM