Re: What Not To Miss
Youve done all the "obvious" - time to get more selective.
1. The Hanbury Gardens at La Mortola, a couple of miles back from Ventimiglia towards the French border: the nearest thing to paradise on this earth.
2. San Remo - climb the medieval rabbit warren of La Pigna and other general Italian chaos
3. Genoa by train - but distance not for the faint hearted!
1. La Turbie high above Monaco - so you can truly look down on them lot below (116 bus from Nice)
2. Boat trip from Quai Lunel Nice to St Tropez - a day out and a half!
3. Haut de Cagnes - bus Nice to Cagnes sur Mer and free navette up to the medieval bourg - no tourist hordes - see the donation Suzy Solidor in the Chateau Grimaldi and spectacular 360 degree panorama
4. Villefranche for swimming, style, and great bar/ restuarants along the harbour front
5. Nice - Train de Pignes on the old chemin de fer de Provence to medieval Entrevaux - explore - and back
6. Go monastery-spotting and Picnic andon St Honnorat (boat from Cannes Port)
7. Express LER coach from Nice to Aix en Provence - lunch in the Cours Mirabeau, explore a different kind of Provence - and back early evening.
Must be something in there to appeal!
Be the first to rate this answer!Was this helpful?