Mary B here again, many thanks for your help re St. Paul De Vence, For my 17 night stay in Villefranche I will have a bus stop outside the door that goes into the main Nice station and to Menton. Are there any places that you highly recommend I and my friend visit, have been to Antibes, Cap Ferrat, Cannes, Monte Carlo. Is Italy worth going to ? Not really interested in markets, but perhaps some other nice Italian place. It will be public transport all the way for us, unfortunately cannot afford taxis. Any spare cash goes on the vino !!! Many thanks, Mary B.
p.s. There is a Russian church in Nice, is it worth visiting ?
Youve done all the "obvious" - time to get more selective.
1. The Hanbury Gardens at La Mortola, a couple of miles back from Ventimiglia towards the French border: the nearest thing to paradise on this earth.
2. San Remo - climb the medieval rabbit warren of La Pigna and other general Italian chaos
3. Genoa by train - but distance not for the faint hearted!
1. La Turbie high above Monaco - so you can truly look down on them lot below (116 bus from Nice)
2. Boat trip from Quai Lunel Nice to St Tropez - a day out and a half!
3. Haut de Cagnes - bus Nice to Cagnes sur Mer and free navette up to the medieval bourg - no tourist hordes - see the donation Suzy Solidor in the Chateau Grimaldi and spectacular 360 degree panorama
4. Villefranche for swimming, style, and great bar/ restuarants along the harbour front
5. Nice - Train de Pignes on the old chemin de fer de Provence to medieval Entrevaux - explore - and back
6. Go monastery-spotting and Picnic andon St Honnorat (boat from Cannes Port)
7. Express LER coach from Nice to Aix en Provence - lunch in the Cours Mirabeau, explore a different kind of Provence - and back early evening.
Must be something in there to appeal!
Be the first to rate this answer!