Villefranche-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location

Transport ticket

by maryburke Online Now May 14, 2007 at 9:21 AM

I will be in Villefranche for 18 days this summer. Where can I get a ticket that will allow me on all bus transport for this length of time. Can I get a ticket that will allow me on both buses and trains. Also, when does the boat carrying public passengers stop travelling between Villefranche and Monte Carlo. Many thanks, this is a very helpful site.
Mary B

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • NiceLife's Profile Photo

Re: Transport ticket

by NiceLife Online Now May 14, 2007 at 11:00 AM

The most economical buss pass for you is the 7 day unlimited bus pass from Lignes D Azur for 15 euros. That covers you from Cannes to the West to Menton to the east.

There is no equivalent rail pass unfortunately - only student stuff.Public transport is mostly state-run and marketing is still something of a novelty to these guys. Since buying rail tickets is a major hurdle to travellers its as well to figure it all out. I have some shortcuts to infinite wisdom you might find helpful over on VirtualTourist.com here:

Nice Transportation Tips by NiceLife

Starts with buses goes on to trains.

There is no publc boat service between Villefranche and Monte Carlo. There is a tourist trip between Nice and Monaco, but its a whole lot easier to just take the train

Cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Villefranche-sur-Mer