Villefranche-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location
Cruiseone2003's Profile Photo

Villefranche-sur mer for 1 day

by Cruiseone2003 Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 12:31 PM

I just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful tips on Villefranche. I am arriving by cruise ship on Sunday, 13May for just one day. I was in Villefranche last May and enjoyed the little town but am wondering are there places to walk/hike in the area? Seems to me walking along the shore towards the Citadel is the way to go? How about up in the hills above VF, anything that is Hikeable? By the way, is the town still open for business on Sundays?
One final question, what is your favorite Patisserie in Villefrance? I feel I must leave VF with a small box of edible "souvenirs" when I leave.

Merci

David
San Francisco

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • NiceLife's Profile Photo

Re: Villefranche-sur mer for 1 day

by NiceLife Online Now Apr 18, 2007 at 11:06 PM

Thats actually a good suggestion - about a half mile out of Villefranche direction NIce you will find the so called "Escalliers de Vere" - glass steps - which lead you up a winding forest pathway to the top of Mont Boron, where you wll get stunning views over Nice.

The Area of Mont Boron gives you great walking. The roads will take you to the Nice Observatory, which is open however only acouple of afternoons a week - Weds and Saturday as I recall, but check online.

If you figure where you can sneak a peek at Tina Turners house at Le Castelet

As for patisserie, they are all good, but best is to eat there and then - the tart tatin at Le Cosmo takes some beating

Cheers

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Villefranche-sur-Mer