Villefranche-sur-Mer Travel Answers

change location

Villefranche sur-mur

by papaya77 Online Now Jun 2, 2005 at 3:40 PM

I am trying to rent a car in Villefranche sur-mer while there for the day on a cruise so we can explore Vence and other outlying areas. When I attempt to book, they offer me 'Beaulieu Sur Mer'. Is this the same location (different name)? Or can anyone tell me if it is close? Walking distance from the Ship port?

Thanks for your help

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RE: Villefranche sur-mur

by LJA49 Online Now Nov 2, 2005 at 6:18 AM

Hi there, there is an Avis office at Beaulieu su Mer which is the next village along the coast to Villefranche. You can get there by train from Villefranche, the train station is at end of Villefranche quai before you turn right to the beach, you have to go up steps to the station. Or you can continue and walk around the beach till you reach a set of steps (near the loos), quite steep,but once up there walk straight ahead, behind the big villas like Nelcote, and continue to the end where you will climb to a crossroads. If you continue across the road straight down to Beaulieu, you wll come to the seaside promenade. There you should look for the signs for the station (la gare) or Hotel Artimis and follow them. The hotel is opposite the station. You should book beforehand so that a car is there for you, use Avis France. 20-30 minute walk from landing in Villefranche. Have a good trip, LJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Villefranche-sur-Mer