Villars-sur-Ollon

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:50 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

more
    • Wine tasting

Lugano Feb 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM

Hey! I will be visiting Lugano in early April and wanted to do a wine tasting or wine tour. Any recommendations?

more
    • train travel from Lucerne to Basel

Switzerland Feb 25, 2015 at 3:21 PM

We are travelling to Switzerland in April. We wish to travel from Lucerne to Basel on the train via Montreux or Berne, We would welcome input as to which is the better option. We have all day to make this journey. Thanks for any help we can gather.

more
    • Gimmelwald

Gimmelwald Feb 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM

How do I reach Gimmelwald from Zurich? What r the places I can visit from Gimmelwald?

more
    • SIghtseeing in Interlaken with Elderly parents

Interlaken Feb 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I wonder how much walking is involved in Interlaken. I am traveling with my parents. My mother cannot walk for more than 250-300 metres. We will be visiting lakes and gardens with her. Generally I rent car to take her around. But it seems Switzerland is different. I see that most people recommend to use public transport in Interlaken and to visit nearby for sightseeing. But that would mean lot of walking after being dropped from bus or train. Are taxis readily available? Any suggestion to plan this travel will be appreciated.

more
    • Travelling

Switzerland Feb 22, 2015 at 2:19 PM

Dear travellers,
      Please help fellow traveller!
      I am a graduating student of swiss hospitality school currently doing my dissertation. I would appreciate you clicking on the link bellow to fill in a small (13 questions, 5 minutes max) questionnaire about luxury perception.
      Thank you in advance!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V7VHDLL

more
    • Holiday in Switzerland & Heidelberg, Germany

Geneva Feb 8, 2015 at 5:02 PM

My family (2 seniors, 2 adults, 2 kids) will be arriving in Frankfurt airport from Malaysia on 30 May early morning. We plan to take a direct train from Frankfurt to Geneva on the same day.

My queries are as follows:-

1. Is it cheaper and better to buy the DB bahn tickets for Frankfurt - Geneva or use the swiss pass?

2. We will be staying in Geneva from 30 May - 3 June (4 nights). We plan to buy the 8 day swiss pass.

Then after that, we will be going to Grindelwald for 5 nights.

We will leave Grindelwald early morning on 8 June (maybe make a stop in Spiez) to Heidelberg.

Should I use the swiss pass from Grindelwald to Basel, then buy a train ticket to Heidelberg. If I buy SBB, do I get a discount (with my swiss pass) for Basel-Heidelberg.

Or should I not use the swiss pass and instead buy a direct train ticket? This is because on our last day, we won't have much time to visit museums and do much.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused .

Thanks so much for your help!

Warmest Regards.

Elaine & family

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Wengen or Lauterbrunnen for base?

Wengen Feb 25, 2015 at 5:02 AM

Hi. I am planning our Eurotrip with my mom and one of our stops is Switzerland. I am torn whether to stay in Wengen or Lauterbrunnen. Based on my research, Wengen is higher than Lauterbrunnen. But aside from that, which do you think is a better base for 6 days?

Also is 6 days too much? If we stay in Wengen, id there like a day pass for the train going up and down?

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!

more
    • Information please

by Rosa50 Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Our family will be staying at Residence Panorama during December. We are not ski enthusiasts and will use the property as a basis to do sight seeing (with a rental vehicle) in the area (RCI exchange). Please advise if it is an easy drive from the nearest exit from the Autobahn to Residence Panorama. Please also advise if the parking area at Residence Panorama is close to the lobby as my husband has a back problem and cannot walk steep and long distances. Will you also please be so kind as to advise on the driving distance (and time) from Rome (Italy)

4 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    • aymank's Profile Photo

accomodation

by aymank Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 7:08 AM

hi, we are looking for a nice chalets to fit 5-6 people. any advice on how to find one close to the ski slopes, equipment rental shops and so on? thank you for any help

6 Answers Dec 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    • Train travel from Villars sur Ollon to Bex.....need help on planning.

by madhavdivya Online Now Apr 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM

Our family is reaching Villars on the 9th of May 2011, as part of our Europe tour package. Most of the tour is by coach and my son (6 years) is fond of trains and we have entire day of 9th of May to ourselves to explore. I wish to take my family from Villars sur Ollon to Bex by train and take the salt mine train ride and then return back to Villars by train.

This being our first visit to Europe, I seek the guidance and how to make the trip a memorable one.

How does the ticketting work? Can we buy a one time round ticket (Villars - Bex - Villars) for the entire family (4 persons) at Villars railway station ? Do we have various classes of travel - first class, second class etc., where the price of ticket of first class is more than that of second class. What is a swiss pass ? Which ticket would be economical ? What should be the cost of the ticket ? Do we have McDonald's at Bex railway station ?

I would appreciate and thank for the replies and look forward to your responses.

Madhav
      madhavdivya@gmail.com

1 Answer Apr 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    • is it a good place to visit in summer ?

by ladybond Online Now Dec 9, 2009 at 7:59 AM

6 of us, who enjoy hiking, are considering spending a week in villars some time during august of 2010. Is it a good venue or purely a ski resort? Also what is the weather like in august ?

1 Answer Dec 9, 2009 at 9:00 AM
    • sirena2travel's Profile Photo

Transfer from Geneva airport to Villars Gryon

by sirena2travel Online Now Feb 24, 2006 at 6:20 PM

Hi, I'm going snowboarding next week to Villars Gryon. Flying into Geneva. Which is the quickest and cheapest way to get to the resort? There are only 3 of us so taxi transfer is a little expensive and I can't find any bus companies that operate that route.

Also, any restaurant recommendations would be great if you know of any.

1 Answer Feb 25, 2006 at 3:17 AM