Villach

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Car Parking in Villach

by Tullio Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM

As I will travel by train from Villach to Salzburg, and eventually come back after 3 days, I'll need to park the car for the period, possibly for free, and as near to the main railway station as possible.
      Can you please suggest a possible parking lot nearby?
      Thanks a lot
      Tullio

more
    • Car Parking in Villach

by Tullio Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM

As I will travel by train from Villach to Salzburg, and eventually come back after 3 days, I'll need to park the car for the period, possibly for free, and as near to the main railway station as possible.
      Can you please suggest a possible parking lot nearby?
      Thanks a lot
      Tullio

3 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    • KearstinH's Profile Photo

Busbahnhof

by KearstinH Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 6:57 AM

We will be in the Villach Hbf this Sunday, March 10th. Our train comes in at 10:46 and then we have to find the Villach Busbahnhof and get on a Bus 833 that leaves at 10:56. I'm worried that 10 minutes won't be enough to find the bus station and get on Bus 833. Does anyone know where the bus station is in comparison to the train station? Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    • transfer trains

by mlukacs1785 Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hi. I am arriving at Villach at 13:08 and need to transfer to the train to Vienna. According to my schedule, I have 8 minutes to do this. Is this enough time or should I reschedule?
      Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    • Changing trains at Villach

by annemarie_oleary38 Online Now Mar 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Hi,

I'm planning on catching the traing from Munich to Zagreb in May. This involves changing trains at Villach with 9 minutes for the transfer. I'll be travelling with my husband 2 year old son and we'll have a fair bit of luggage! Is it a big or confusing station? Is 9 minutes enough time for a transfer?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Annie

6 Answers Mar 20, 2012 at 10:15 PM
    • Travel from Venice, Italy to Villach

by loismcginnis Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM

We are taking a cruise ending in Venice on June 3/12. We want to pick up a rental car in Villach to go to Vienna. Are there any tours or hired cars that can pick us up at the cruise site to take us to Villach?

3 Answers Jun 28, 2011 at 10:02 AM
    • Bus timetable from villach to ljubljana

by mankteln Online Now Jul 29, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Hi i'm looking to get a bus from to villach to ljubljana and was wondering if there was any website available that would allow me to plan the journey in advance. Thanks

14 Answers Aug 5, 2010 at 6:12 AM
    • travel to ossiach

by adicziger Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 6:52 AM

i would like to travel from villach trainstation to stift ossiach on sunday afternoon , which transportation
      should i use?
      thanks

1 Answer Jun 18, 2010 at 6:48 AM
    • How safe is Villach Hbf Station

by CaoimheD Online Now Jul 19, 2009 at 12:08 PM

I'm arriving in to Villach station at 04:15am and have a two hour wait for my connection. As im travelling alone I was wondering if it is safe at that time of the morning and are there any facilities open at that time?
      Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 19, 2009 at 4:48 PM
    • tomahato's Profile Photo

Looking for Accomodation

by tomahato Online Now Jun 4, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Hello,
      I am living in Finland. I am coming to Villach and will be there from 24th July to 10th August or even more if possible. I am coming there to learn the Carinthian culture and their language. I chose that period because i know a fantastic cultural festival called "Villacher Kirchtag" is going to happen.
      I am looking for any family-based accomodation so that i can learn their culture and practice my German speaking with them. I can even pay as needed or help in any kind of their basic works. Does anyone have any idea? Please give me your valuable suggestion.

• villach

by jeffirene Online Now Mar 1, 2009 at 4:52 AM

trains villach to friesach austria

1 Answer Mar 1, 2009 at 5:23 AM
    • teaching english in Villach

by ghanson77 Online Now Mar 2, 2008 at 1:55 AM

Does anyone know of any english teaching schools in Villach?

3 Answers Mar 2, 2008 at 9:29 AM
    • traintimetable

by glenhynyjazz Online Now May 8, 2007 at 6:05 AM

Hi
      Please can you tell me the times of trains from Klagenfurt to Villach, how long it would take and how much it would cost. I am flying from London to Frankfurt and then on to Klagenfurt but my flight does not arrive until 18.00. Are the trains frequent. If not, could you tell me roughly how much a taxi would cost from Klagenfurt to Villach. Many thanks Jude

1 Answer May 8, 2007 at 6:31 AM
    • rodndtube's Profile Photo

Left (Storage) Luggage at Villach hbf

by rodndtube Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Is there a place to store luggage at the Villach hbf for 4 hours during a layover? Luggage would consist of two wheeled carry-on bags for airlines.

Second question: any good recommendations for local food, good tasty beer and places to visit during these few hours?

Thanks in advace!

2 Answers Feb 18, 2007 at 10:16 PM
    • Cost of living in Villach

by elaine_sotacio Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Hello,
      My husband and I are planning to work in Villach (we come from Asia). How much will it cost us to live in Villach if we have 3 kids (9-year old, 4-year old and 4 months old). Can anyone give me a rough estimate of our probable monthly expenses? We will need a place to stay that can accommodate us all and the kids will have to go to school, too.
      Any help you can extend to us with regard to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
      Elaine

3 Answers Aug 2, 2006 at 8:24 AM
    • Train and bus connections

by leekelling Online Now Jul 3, 2006 at 9:55 PM

I am travelling between Vienna and Ljubljana by train and I have a very short connection time to change trains at Villach--13 minutes only. Can this connection be made in so short a time? What is the usual distance between connecting trains? We arrive on train #539 at 7:44 PM and then are to connect to #315 departing at 7:57. If we miss this train we have to look at perhaps taking a bus from Villach. Can you provide me a web site that could advise the bus schedules for that route. Your help very much appreciated.

Lee

1 Answer Jul 4, 2006 at 1:49 AM
    • train or car/ weather

by burnbank Online Now Apr 25, 2006 at 12:59 PM

Hi,
      Going for a whole new experience this Christmas, skiing in Kransjgora Slovenia (cant spell it) . Have booked flights to Salzburg and was hoping to take the train via Villach. However can only find trains running up unitl 9th December , I need 23rd December. Anyone know if they run or best route or where to find out? Alternatively, if we hire a car from Salzburg or Villach - how are the roads that time of year?
      Many thanks to those who have a reply. Sue

2 Answers Apr 27, 2006 at 4:35 AM
    • Villach-Trieste

by dimara Online Now Jun 15, 2005 at 10:19 PM

Hi!
      Can someone advise on the best way to get to Trieste from Villach? We would be dropping our rental car in Villach and picking one up in Italy. Better suggestions welcome. Our ultimate goal is Rome but the drop off cost (from p/u in Frankfurt to drop off in Rome) was an extra 1300 Euros. Car rental agency gave much better prices for leaving car in Austria or Switzerland and then renting again in Italy. Lugano d/o is also an idea.

Thanks,
      Hope weather in your area is better than in Canada this spring.

4 Answers Jun 19, 2005 at 11:10 PM
    • New Years Eve in Villach or Klagenfurt?

by PeterParker Online Now Dec 20, 2004 at 7:44 AM

Hi everybody! My name is Peter from Trieste. I'm am planning to spend a sparkling New Years Eve with a group of friends in Villach as a first choice or Klagenfurt. I'm staying from the 30th of Dicember to the 1st of January. Can anyone please give me informations on what's going on there and a good place to stay? I'd also be pleased to meet someone living in Villach or Klagenfurt. Thanks in advance. Best wishes, Peter

• Klagenfurt, Villach or Slovenia?'snow dose' :-)

by mangale Online Now Nov 23, 2004 at 1:30 AM

hello there, my name is monica, i was wondering if you could help.my husband and i will be spending new year's eve and night in klagenfurt.so excited!! we will be flying from the UK. after that we have 4 full days to spend. my question is : shall we stay in klagenfurt or villach?or shall we just go to kranjska gora in slovenia? one thing to consider is ' my snow dose' as my husband put it :-D, i am romanian myself and we have snow every winter in transilvania but unfortunately not in southern england :-( so snow and sledging should put that silly happy grin on my face. what do you think? can i just say what a lovely and useful website this is and thank in advance to those who would be kind enough to reply. best wishes, monica.

• SirIsaacBrock's Profile Photo

Travel Costs

by SirIsaacBrock Online Now Sep 30, 2004 at 10:00 AM

Hi again. Just wondering if anyone can guide me to a website (in English if possible) that would show the train costs from Innsbruck to Villach and from Villach to Ljubljana. I can find the times from the German rail site, but not the costs. I'm just trying to budget for an upcoming trip so if someone even has a fair idea of the costs, that would work as well. Just looking for second class travel. Thanks a ton. Allan

1 Answer Sep 30, 2004 at 10:04 AM
    • SirIsaacBrock's Profile Photo

Villach Accomodations

by SirIsaacBrock Online Now Sep 28, 2004 at 8:01 PM

Hi. Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay in Villach. I'm looking for something that is clean and affordable and am open to hotels/hostels/private accomodations. Are there any websites that might be helpful? I'm looking to arrive on Oct 14 in the evening and stay for one night. Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 2, 2005 at 2:20 PM
    • Moving to Villach- any hints?

by Undecided Online Now Jul 29, 2004 at 11:47 AM

Hi all, I've been posted to Villach from September to teach English and am afraid that there'll be nothing to do there. Have read Lonely Planet's description ("nothing much to see") and am a bit nervous. Is Villach worth seeing or will I be travelling to Salzburg for the weekends? Vielen Dank! Una

7 Answers Aug 27, 2004 at 3:35 PM
    • STEFZAMM's Profile Photo

ANYONE EVER BEEN TO HOTEL EBNER IN VILLACH?

by STEFZAMM Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 11:25 PM

I will be travelling to Italy, Austria and Venice from the 14th to the 22nd of August. I will be staying at the Hotel Ebner in Villach and was wondering if anyone stayed there. Also I would be very happy to hear about the night life in Villach and if the centre or hub of Villach is far away from Hotel Ebner.. many many thanks... STF from Malta

4 Answers Feb 4, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    • Vienna to Villach

by Ronski Online Now Mar 18, 2004 at 12:57 PM

I will be travelling from Prague to Vienna then villach, on my way to Venice by car............ Does anyone know any campsites near either Vienna or Villach ??? Thanks for looking Ronski

1 Answer Mar 23, 2004 at 11:42 AM
    • villach to venice?

by ruth-t Online Now Jan 16, 2004 at 6:22 PM

i was just wondering if anyone can give me any details of how to plan a day trip from villach austria to venice? we are in villach for 2 weeks in april

6 Answers Mar 19, 2004 at 10:49 AM
    • B&B in Bled, SLOVENIA?

by japgoda Online Now Dec 1, 2003 at 4:28 PM

Can anyone recommend a B&B or small hotel in or near Bled, Slovenia at a reasonalble price? Thanks, Bill

2 Answers Dec 3, 2003 at 11:32 AM