Villach Travel Answers

change location

transfer trains

by mlukacs1785 Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hi. I am arriving at Villach at 13:08 and need to transfer to the train to Vienna. According to my schedule, I have 8 minutes to do this. Is this enough time or should I reschedule?
Thanks.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: transfer trains

by leics Online Now Jul 21, 2012 at 12:53 PM

European railway schedules *always* allow enough time to make changes of train.

If you check your departure on the excellent

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

you will see the expected platform numbers (click the grey arrow at the side of the departure listing). When a short amount of time is allowed it is usually because the onward train is on the adjoining platform, perhaps 30 seconds walk.

It always makes sense (on any train anywhere) to be ready to leave the inbound train when it stops. Start gathering your bags etc together and get yourself towards the doors as the train slows to come into the station.

If your inbound train is delayed there are two possible options; either the outbound train will wait or you will be given a seat on the next available train (the contract you make when you buy the ticket requires this).

So don't worry...assuming you have booked a through ticket to Vienna from wherever your start point is, you will have enough time to make the change and have no need to reschedule. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines