Villach Travel Answers

change location

Cost of living in Villach

by elaine_sotacio Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 6:54 PM

Hello,
My husband and I are planning to work in Villach (we come from Asia). How much will it cost us to live in Villach if we have 3 kids (9-year old, 4-year old and 4 months old). Can anyone give me a rough estimate of our probable monthly expenses? We will need a place to stay that can accommodate us all and the kids will have to go to school, too.
Any help you can extend to us with regard to this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,
Elaine

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • WStat's Profile Photo

RE: Cost of living in Villach

by WStat Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 8:10 AM

Hi Elaine,

it is very difficult to estimate, as your personal preferences and requirements are not known; so only a very rough and basic estimate can be given !
    Basic expenses for rent of a small flat ( i.e.2 rooms / 50-60 sqm) will start at 450,- to 600,- EUR per month, depending of the area, the flat is situated.
    Transport costs (public) count for about 150,- p.m., depending on how often you have to cover a certain distance. Schooling is free in Austria, kids have to know basic German, international (english language)-schools might not be available in Villach, maybe in Klagenfurt (about 40 km distance)
    Food very basic requirements (bread/rice/ milk/vegetables, some meat etc) may total in about EUR 300,-per month.You may add all the other requirements of your family (car,winter clothing, weekends,further education etc). Keep in mind, that Villach lies in a very popular (and expensive) touristic area,well known for summer and winter holidays.
    Do not forget to contact your nearest Austrian embassy /consulate, as visa-regulations, working permits etc are rather restricted; you will get there also additional informations about cost of living, schooling etc
    Good Luck !

WStat

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RE: RE: Cost of living in Villach

by elaine_sotacio Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 8:07 AM

Hello WStat,

We truly appreciate your detailed response. Thank you very much for your help. The idea of visiting Austrian embassy for further info is a good one. We will make sure we'd do that.

Bless you.

Best regards,
    Elaine

• WStat's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Cost of living in Villach

by WStat Online Now Aug 2, 2006 at 8:24 AM

You have been welcome !
    Pls do not hesitate to contact me, if you have another question I could probably answer !

All the best,

Willy / WStat

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines