Villa Cerro Castillo

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Coastal towns

Antofagasta Nov 27, 2015 at 10:32 PM

What coastal town was are good to visit?

• Antofagasta to San Pedro from airport

Antofagasta Nov 27, 2015 at 9:10 PM

What are the options to get from Antofagasta airport to San Pedro de Atacama ?

• 2 days in Torres del Paine

Torres del Paine Nov 15, 2015 at 7:21 PM

Hello, I'm planning a trip to Torres del Paine for 2 days at the end of November. Essentially I am planning on leaving Puerto Natales on Thursday morning and returning Friday night to possibly catch a bus to Punta Arenas. Ideally, I would like to camp one night (Thursday night) on the site and see the highlights of the W trek (perhaps 1st or 2nd leg only). Do you know of any shuttle in the park taking hikers from one point to the other? Any recommendation as to what needs to be seen in such a short amount of time?

• Transportation and Tour

Valparaíso Nov 10, 2015 at 10:23 AM

Does anyone know of a company that will provide transportation and tour from Santiago, Chile to the cruise terminal?

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Day trip to Bolivia from San Pedro de Atacama?

San Pedro de Atacama Nov 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM

Are there any day trips across the border to Bolivia? Except Salar de Uyuni which is too far away. Are there any closer places, with beautiful nature, you should go to if you want to cross the border from San Pedro de Atacama?

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Guided 2 day tour in Torres del Paine from Puerto Natales?

Torres del Paine Nov 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I will have two days in Puerto Natales and will definitely go to Torres del Paine national park at least one day.

I know there are a lot of guided tours for one day. But are there any recomended guided tours for two days, without camping and instead staying the night at som hotel och hostel close to the park? I will not be able to carry all my belongings all the time, som two days of hiking by myself is not an option.

And then get back to Puerto Natales on day two.

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Guided tour or go by myself?

Torres del Paine Nov 10, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I'm planning a day tour to Torres del Paine from Puerto Natales.

What kind of guided tours do they offer in the park? Is it worth it? Are there any mini bus tour in the park if you don´t want to trekk all day?

I'm not used to go trekking and it could be nice to have someone lead the way to the best parts, not not too far away because I'm going back to Puerto Natales in the afternoon.

• Cruising January 7, 2016

Santiago Nov 10, 2015 at 6:59 AM

My wife and I interested in sharing transfers from Santiago, Chile to the cruise port. We are willing to tour the winery.

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Less salt flat tours over Christmas and New Year?

San Pedro de Atacama Nov 13, 2015 at 2:13 PM

I just read this post:

"We do not sell any salt flats tours from Dec 23rd through to Jan 6th because of safety concerns. Specifially this is due to the high numer of incidences of drunk driving that occur on salt flats tours during this time."

Is that common for most of the tour operators this part the year? Is it hard to find any tour operator that will arrange a tour in the surroundings, not only Uyuni? I was planning a trip to San Pedro de Atacama at that time...

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Altitude in Atacama

San Pedro de Atacama Nov 6, 2015 at 2:52 PM

How do I deal with the altitude when touring in the Atacama desert? I will stay in San Pedro de Atacama and fly from Santiago (when arriving from Europe). Want to visit some lagoons, salt canyons etc. Don´t know exactly where yet.

Which places can I safely visit day 2 without getting ill? I don't know the altitude of all the famous places and how to deal with it. Do I have to rest a few days in San Pedro de Atacama before I go anywhere else in the area?

• JohanW's Profile Photo

How to book a bus to El Calafate?

Puerto Natales Nov 7, 2015 at 7:05 AM

I know there are at least two bus companies that can take me from Puerto Natales to El Calafate, but it doesn't seems like it's possible to book online (at all, not only for foreigners). There seems to be at least one bus per day departing to El Calafate.

Is there a ticket office somewhere in Puerto Natales? Is there a risk that the bus tickets will be sold out in advance?

I will probably have a flight to catch in El Calafate, so I want to be sure. My trip will probably be in the middle of January.

• JohanW's Profile Photo

Where to buy a Pullman bus ticket?

Santiago Nov 2, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Is it easy to buy a long distance bus ticket from Pullman in Santiago?

Where can I get an adress list of Pullman sales offices? Could not find anything online.

Is it likely that the staff at the office speaks or understand English?

I'm a foreigner so I can't by my ticket online.