Vilanova i la Geltru Travel Answers

change location

Help required please.

by PaulaMcCue Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Can anyone give advice for a large group to travel on the train or bus, Our requirements are the following, i am bringing a youth football team out to play Vilanova Geltru and Cubbeles FC we are staying at the Vilnova holiday park 3km outside the town centre between 21st October and 28th October.
1) Train into Barcelona and back for 19 children and 11 adults, can you obtain group tickets ? Saturday 23rd.
2) Train to Port Ventura and back by train for same amount of people, alos how far is the park from the train station ?
Any other advice is very welcome. Also trying to hire a people carrier for the week to go to the super market to get food and do small trips etc.
Also is there any big markets for souvenirs or carnivals at this time ?
regards,

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Terje1966's Profile Photo

Re: Help required please.

by Terje1966 Online Now Sep 15, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Hello.
    I found this on the website of Port Aventura:
    Train companies names are Renfe and AVE

PortAventura has its own train station which can be reached from other mainline stations. For further information please visit: www.renfe.es or call 00 34 902 320 320.
    Internet site of the Park is:
    portaventura.co.uk/train-por...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: Help required please.

by Belsaita Online Now Sep 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM

Clarification o the above post: "Train companies names are Renfe and AVE". NO, the only train company is RENFE. AVE are the high-speed trains (run by RENFE) but these do NOT serve this train line.

You can check train timetables for Barcelona-Vilanova at www.rodalies.cat (easier to use than www.renfe.com)

Groups with a minimum of 10 people are entitled to special fares. You must ask for these at the train station. These trains (both Barcelona-Vilanova and to Port Aventura) are commuter trains and can't be booked in advance.

The place where you are staying is outside of town (and the train station) and you will definitely need a people carrier. I'm afraid there are no special events on your dates, but you may check www.vilanovaturisme.net to get ideas about things to do.

• Re: Help required please.

by phileast Online Now Jan 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I am taking Matthiola U13s A and B Junior Football team to Villanova Camp on the 6th April for a week, and I would like to arrange some local football matches whilst we are there. Do you have any advice or contact names and numbers I can use.
    would really appreciate it if you can help

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vilanova i la Geltru