Vilanova i la Geltru Travel Answers

change location

Day trips to Barcelona

by sharmilav Online Now Nov 21, 2008 at 9:25 AM

Hi, I will be staying in Vilanova i la Geltru during Chirstmas with my family. I want to know the best possible way to include a day trip to Barcelona. Is there any day tours operating from Vilanova?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • xinoxano's Profile Photo

Re: Day trips to Barcelona

by xinoxano Online Now Nov 22, 2008 at 3:50 AM

There are no day tours to Barcelona from Vilanova, as it is not a touristic place.

You can reach Barcelona by commuter train too and then take the Bus Turistic.

tmb.net/en_US/turistes/bustu...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Day trips to Barcelona

by sharmilav Online Now Nov 22, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Thank you so much for your prompt replies. I am looking forward to my holiday. Please do pass on any information you think might be useful during my stay there.

• Belsaita's Profile Photo

Re: Day trips to Barcelona

by Belsaita Online Now Nov 24, 2008 at 3:35 AM

Hi!! I was born in Vilanova and part of my family still lives there so I visit frequently. For me, the best way to reach Barcelona is by train. Only a few euros and 40 min to Passeig de Gracia in the very city centre! Once in Barcelona, you can take the Bus Turistic as suggested above, or do it on your own.

Trains do run from around 6 AM to around 11 PM. There are night buses if you planned to stay late in Barcelona

As per what to do while in Vilanova... my VT page is still under construction but I did already upload a few tips (sorry for th shameless plug, but VT pages and tips are the core of VT, right?? besides, there are no other VTrs pages about Vilanova so far):
    "Where I spent my childhood..." - Vilanova i la Geltru by Belsaita

Have fun!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Vilanova i la Geltru