change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• ANZAC Day Dawn gathering

Iceland Feb 8, 2015 at 1:54 AM

Hi

We will be in Reykjavik for ANZAC Day and wonder if any other Australians and Kiwis who will be there, or have been there, for ANZAC Day know of any dawn gatherings for the occasion?

Cheers

Andrew and Judy

more
    • Krossárfoss

Iceland Feb 10, 2015 at 9:30 AM

There is a Krossárfoss in my map and I supposed it's the small and awful (look at the tubes at each side of the falls) here enclosed. But looking for "Krossárfoss" I found pictures of which for sure is Foss á Siðu. What's wrong concerning this?

more
    • Southern Ring Road waterfalls

Kirkjubæjarklaustur Feb 9, 2015 at 10:27 PM

Hi there,
      Driving eastwards along the Southern Ring Road I found three waterfalls with apparent no name between Kirkjubæjarklaustur and Foss á Síðu. Two of them are very similar but not the same one, they are also of the Foss á Síðu type. Does anybody know the names of these falls if they have one? Shoukd like to add the pics but I don't know how to do it (if possible).
      Thanks.

more
    • Traveling without reservations in early september.

Iceland Feb 18, 2015 at 3:57 PM

we are planning to drive the ring road (or parts of it) in early september. we would like the flexibility of going without reservations so that we can stretch or shorten our stay in any given place as we go. there are three of us, so we'd generally need two rooms. camping out would be far, far from optimal. are we likely to find easy availability at the last moment?
      if not, do any of the tour companies who help to plan self-drive trips offer a service that would allow us to contact them and have them rearrange stays as we go if the mood strikes us?

more
    • Geothermal Pump Stations

Reykjavík Feb 7, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Im looking for the locations of each of these (archdaily.com/90406/geotherm...) Geothermal Pump Stations by PK Arkitektar. I wondered if you guys could help me with this information as I can't find any online. I need to know how many there are and their locations. Any more information about the hot water wells in Reykjavik would be a great help.
      Thanks
      Adam

more
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

Iceland self tours (independent)

Iceland Feb 15, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Looking at all the travel sites in Iceland and wondering what to do. We are interested in doing a 2 week independent tour but having trouble getting help from websites. Seems there are some questionable sites and their practices. Can anyone help with my dilemma. Just want car rental, hotel accomodations info and some tips.
      Thanks in advance for any help.

more
    • gullfoss by car and the ring road

Iceland Feb 24, 2015 at 2:31 PM

Can I reach Gullfoss waterfalls with a normal car? is the road fully paved? and the ring road is all paved?

more
    • trip from Reykjavik to Vik

by kattrrina Online Now Feb 24, 2004 at 7:41 AM

We are going to Iceland on March12-14. How much time would it take to drive from Vik to Reykjavik straight? Is a regular car OK for this time of the year? How much time would it take to drive from Reykjavik to Vik via Geysir and Gulfoss?

4 Answers Feb 16, 2005 at 4:08 PM